#97 | Becoming a Successful Virtual Assistant & Leaning into Motherhood with Abbey Ashley
About This Episode
Abbey Ashley is the founder of The Virtual Savvy. Abbey is a virtual assistant startup coach who is helping women all over the world start, launch and grow their VA (Virtual Assistant) businesses to $5,000 per month and beyond!
She had started her own virtual assistant business in 2012 while on maternity leave and was able to double the salary from her full-time corporate job, working only 20 hours a week in just 30 days. Ashley has been featured on Boss Mom, Smart Passive Income and NBC News and is passionate about empowering women to start their own work-from-home careers, so they can have the freedom to quit their 9-5’s, travel the world, and spend more time with their families.
If you’re looking for opportunities to start working remotely, becoming a VA is a great first step and Ashely’s here to tell you how you can do that fast and avoid some major mistakes on the way.
Here is what we talked about:
- Being a virtual assistant as a new mum
- Abbey’s journey to entrepreneurship while having children
- Starting a business while pregnant
- Planning maternity leave
- The #momguilt
- Being the provider of the family as a woman
- Prioritizing business and family
- Developing the VA business and teaching others
- Finding confidence to “do it all”
- “What’s the worst thing that can happen?” attitude
- Failures and challenges along the way
- Starting your VA business: where to begin
- Mistakes to avoid when starting your VA business
- What makes an amazing VA
- Myths and challenges about working from home
“We came to me supporting the family through force. There is definitely the weight of supporting the family, but I have this feeling that if we do what we’re supposed to do; what we’re meant to do with our lives, then the numbers will work themselves out.”
Sign up for the “Become a Booked Out Virtual Assitant” Training (use code “girlskill” at checkout for %15 off)