#138 | “I am Here In Service to The Feminine” with Ben Goresky
About This Episode
“Ben Goresky is an entrepreneur, men’s work facilitator and mentor. As a leader in The Samurai Brotherhood, a community for conscious men, he draws on his experience in the realms of addiction, transpersonal therapy and his bachelor’s degree in counseling to support men in improving their relationships, and their success in the world.
Ben offers an integrated masculine approach to 1-1 mentorship, and is also trained to facilitate various types of transformational breath work. Ben hosts The Evolving Man Podcast on iTunes and evolvingman.ca”
“…it cracks my heart open and I cry with gratitude and I feel how empty I would feel without the feminine. And how empty I would feel without my partner or my mother and where I would be without it… And what rises out of that is this strength ‘Oh my god, I am here to serve this energy. I am here to serve the feminine.'”
Join us for a discussion about why men are waking up and doing the inner work, healthy masculine leadership and polarity dynamics in relationships. Here is are the details of our conversation:
- What Ben finds attractive in a woman?
- Ben’s definition of a powerful woman
- Feminine/masculine polarity dynamics & expressions
- Ben’s definitions of success & purpose
- Why men are waking up to do their inner work
- Ben’s transformative experience that has shaped him as a man
- Why being in service to the feminine is what makes a man what he is
- The lost rituals of initiation into manhood
- Masculine vulnerability and how it manifests
- How does healthy masculine leadership look like?
- And much more…
Tools & Resources Mentioned
People/Blogs to Follow
- The Way of the Superior Man by David Deida – The mark of a true classic is that it becomes more relevant with the passage of time Twenty years ago, David Deida wrote The Way of the Superior Man share lessons on “how a man can grow spiritually while passionately tussling with the challenges of women, work, and sexual desire,” Today, men of all ages continue to struggle with these universal challenges, and the practical insights found in this book will help each one of us to give the gifts we were born to give.
- The Boy Crisis: Why Our Boys Are Struggling and What We Can Do About It by Warren Farrell PhD & John Gray PhD – A comprehensive blueprint for what parents, teachers, and policymakers can do to help our sons become happier, healthier men, and fathers and leaders worthy of our respect.
- No More Mr. Nice Guy by Robert Glover – This controversial e-book phenomenon became a best-seller and landed its author, a certified marriage and family therapist, on The O’Reilly Factor and the Rush Limbaugh radio show. Dr. Robert Glover has devoted his career as a psychotherapist to freeing men from what he was dubbed the “Nice Guy Syndrome”-trying too hard to please others while neglecting their own needs, thus causing unhappiness and resentfulness. It’s no wonder that unfulfilled Nice Guys lash out in frustration at their loved ones, claims Dr. Glover. He explains how they can stop seeking approval and start getting what they want in life, by presenting the information and tools to help them ensure their needs are met, to express their emotions, to have a satisfying sex life, to embrace their masculinity and form meaningful relationships with other men, and to live up to their creative potential.