#90 | Your Vagina’s Fairy Godmother: Understanding Pleasure and Exploring the Universe Between Your Legs with Bonnie Bliss
About This Episode
Bonnie Bliss likes to call herself “your vagina’s fairy godmother.” Bonnie is the mind behind Yoni Mapping Therapy (the Bliss Method), a practice similar to yoni massage that helps women develop a fuller understanding of their bodies, connect to their yonis, and find new and unique sources of pleasure that they never knew were possible. She has been doing this extraordinary work for nine years, has trained a large group of Bliss Method practitioners who are now working throughout Australia and Europe, and has recently launched a seven-week, online course called The Yoni Club.
“My life is rich and deep, I have a beautiful sense of true community, and there is a lot of unconditional love around me — I consider that a success.”
Join us for an educational conversation about the anatomy of pleasure, the microtraumas that disconnect us from our bodies, and the changes that come when we understand our yonis and are free to experience pleasure in all its forms.
“Pleasure exists all around us all the time.”
Unfortunately, we aren’t properly taught about pleasure. Sex ed involves putting a condom on a banana, and for many of us, there were no real examples of sexuality to learn from– most of our parents were not open about their sexual views, porn gave us unrealistic expectations, and society told us that self-pleasure was shameful. Bonnie’s work helps women free themselves from shame and view pleasure not as a goal to achieve, but as an intricate, complex experience.
“Femininity is embracing the fullness of what it means to be a woman. A lot of that includes my yoni, and really discovering this world within me and honoring my female body separate from a relationship with anyone else.”
In this episode, Bonnie teaches us about the different parts of our pelvic areas and the pleasure these spots can bring. She also gives us tips for reconnecting to our yonis in small, gentle ways throughout our daily lives.
“When I am connected to my yoni, I feel more alive, creative, and inspired. I feel like dancing; like my relationships are healthier. I feel juicy and connected.”
Tools & Resources Mentioned
People/Blogs to Follow
- Michaela Boehm – Michaela Boehm is among the most gifted and in-demand teachers, speakers, and counselors to be found globally today. Born and raised in Austria, Michaela received degrees in Psychology and further extensive training in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Hypnosis, and NLP. Upon moving to the United States in 1994, Michaela established a 20+ year counseling practice logging over 40,000 client hours. She quickly became a counselor to the stars in Hollywood, California, and her on-going clients include Oscar-winning actors, producers, writers, multiple Grammy-winning musicians, CEO’s, and multi-billion dollar fund managers.
- Steve James – Steve James travels internationally teaching somatic practices, meditation, as well as leading explorations in contemplative, mystic, relational realms. Known for his intelligent, grounded approach and his dedication to first-hand research he has extensive experience in elite athletic performance, contemplative and spiritual disciplines, the arts, extreme outdoor survival, and human behavior.
- Jenna Ward – Feminine Embodiment Coach & Founder of the School of Embodied Arts, Jenna Ward lives between Australia’s Sunshine Coast & Europe. As an ex-pharmacist turned embodied woman Jenna intimately understand what it’s like to live life feeling dis-connected & dis-embodied. Through her own personal experience & guiding hundreds of women back into their body, Jenna equally knows what’s required to get out of your head, feel empowered by your emotions & claiming your sensual power. Check out Jenna’s Girlskill Episode here!
- Marcela Widrig – Marcela Widrig, founder of Fierce Embodiment, teaches men and women to release old beliefs, hurts, fears and the restrictive way they are held in their bodies today. She trained extensively with the Grinberg Method® for over 18 years, after getting her hands-on start in therapeutic massage and shiatsu.
- Jamie Catto – Creator, Producer / Director of the multi-award winning global 1 Giant Leap films and albums and founder member of Faithless is now leading uniquely transformative workshops and one-on-one sessions. Drawing from the richly diverse wisdom, techniques and processes he has encountered during his ground-breaking filming, recording, philosophy voyages across all 5 continents, he is weaving these creative techniques and exercises to spark both Professional and Personal breakthroughs.
- The Wild Woman’s Way by Michaela Boehm – Discover how to create and enjoy a pleasure-filled and meaningful life with this practical tantra handbook for the high-achieving modern woman. In The Wild Woman’s Way, Michaela Boehm shares practical rituals and exercises drawn from years of experience as a celebrity relationship and life counselor and an expert in tantric yoga. She reveals the power of different types of touch, while also training you in forms of meditation and stretching that increase activity and sensual pleasure.
- Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom by Christiane Northrup – In this revised and updated edition, world-renowned and much-beloved women’s health expert Dr. Christiane Northrup shares with us the latest developments and advances that will maximize our potential for living well in our bodies today. Inside you will discover new material on sexuality—and how to have a more fulfilling sex life. Living a healthy life in a woman’s body can be downright fun—even ecstatic! And that’s good news for everyone—women, men, and their children.
- The Art of Sexual Ecstasy by Margo Anand – This landmark book on human sexuality makes the sacred lovemaking techniques of the East fully comprehensible to Western readers. Elegantly illustrated, it helps the reader acquire new attitudes and broaden his or her range of experience, to revitalize and strengthen relationships. This book opens the way to a new stage of fulfillment and bliss, making the sacred lovemaking techniques of the east available to western readers and extending sensual experiences for everyone.
- The Body Keeps the Score by Bessel van der Kolk – Trauma is a fact of life. Veterans and their families deal with the painful aftermath of combat; one in five Americans has been molested; one in four grew up with alcoholics; one in three couples have engaged in physical violence. Dr. Bessel van der Kolk, one of the world’s foremost experts on trauma, has spent over three decades working with survivors. In The Body Keeps the Score, he uses recent scientific advances to show how trauma literally reshapes both body and brain, compromising sufferers’ capacities for pleasure, engagement, self-control, and trust. He explores innovative treatments—from neurofeedback and meditation to sports, drama, and yoga—that offer new paths to recovery by activating the brain’s natural neuroplasticity.