#130 | The Masculine Checkout Syndrome with Bryan Reeves
About This Episode
“A former USAF Captain, Bryan Reeves has survived multiple dark nights of the soul and now coaches men, women and couples to create thriving lives and relationships. His viral blog, “Choose Her Every Day (or Leave Her)” has been read by over 30 million people worldwide, and his articles have appeared in Redbook, Thought Catalog, Good Men Project, Raw Attraction Magazine and more.
His two books on Amazon and two online courses, including “Boundaries: Relationships Suck Without ‘Em!” have helped thousands of people across the globe make sense of love and intimacy’s bewildering senselessness.”
“Noone had told me what women want from me. Not even women could tell me what they really wanted from me. I started waking up to it and I started to understand why I always made women angry despite my best intentions and this is when my blogs started going viral.”
Join us for a conversation about Bryan’s journey to understanding what women want, the importance of boundaries in relationships and how masculine leadership should be oriented towards love. Here are the details of our conversation:
- Waking up to what women wanted
- Masculinity as the capacity to be deeply present
- A transformative experience that shaped Bryan as a man
- The way out of the Masculine Checkout Syndrome
- Bryan’s healing journey to understand what women wanted
- Skillful communication in relationships
- Feminine vs Masculine Objection
- The importance of creating healthy boundaries
- Primal masculine & feminine yearnings
- 3 Stages of Relationship: co-dependence, independence & interdependence
- How masculine leadership can be oriented towards love
- The technology of the heart
- And much more…
- Choose Her Every Day (Or Leave Her) article by Bryan Reeves
- Men, This Way Podcast with Bryan Reeves
- The Boundaries Program
- Bryan on Instagram
Tools & Resources Mentioned
People/Blogs to Follow
- Michaela Boehm – Michaela Boehm is among the most gifted and in-demand teachers, speakers, and counselors to be found globally today. Born and raised in Austria, Michaela received degrees in Psychology and further extensive training in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Hypnosis, and NLP. Upon moving to the United States in 1994, she quickly became a counselor to the stars in Hollywood, California, and her on-going clients include Oscar-winning actors, producers, writers, multiple Grammy-winning musicians, CEO’s, and multi-billion dollar fund managers.
- Marianne Williamson – an internationally acclaimed lecturer, activist and author of four #1 New York Times bestselling books. She has been one of America’s most well known public voices for more than three decades. Seven of her twelve published books have been New York Times bestsellers and Marianne has been a popular guest on television programs such as Oprah, Good Morning America, and Bill Maher. A quote from the mega-bestseller A Return to Love, “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure…” is considered an anthem for a contemporary generation of seekers.
- David Deida – David Deida is an American author who writes about the sexual and spiritual relationship between men and women. His ten books have been published in 25 languages. He conducts spiritual growth and intimacy workshops and is one of the many founding associates at the Integral Institute.
- We Do: Saying Yes to a Relationship of Depth, True Connection, and Enduring Love by Stan Tatkin – In We Do, Tatkin provides a groundbreaking guide for couples. You’ll figure out whether you and your partner are right for each other in the long term, and if so, give your relationship a strong foundation so you can enjoy a secure and lasting love.
- Intimate Communion: Awakening Your Sexual Essence by David Deida – To truly understand your intimate relationships, you must read this book! David Deida, internationally known for his work in personal growth and intimate relationships, shares the deep understandings and effective techniques that he has refined through his 20 years of consultation, research and spiritual practice. Learn how to keep your relationships growing–beyond the sexually neutralized roles so typical of today–and create a relationship that is spiritually erotic, sexually deep and passionately committed to love.