#83 | Freely Feminine: How To Take Off Your Masks and Love with Wild Abandon with Carmina Becerra
About This Episode
Carmina Becerra is a TV host, speaker, and coach with roots in Mexico. She moved to Hollywood and got her “break” on Latin television as a TV host on Telemundo, Univision and Fox Sports en Espanol, interviewing stars like David Beckham, Coldplay, and Sofia Vergara. Carmina realized she wanted to make a deeper impact and co-founded Camera Ready, a training program that helps influencers prepare for being on camera and on stage by giving them the freedom to fully express themselves and overcome their insecurities and deeply held doubts.
“It was like my ‘career,’ to compare myself to other people, to make myself small.”
Join us for an open and vulnerable talk about the masks we wear and the freedom that comes with showing the world your authentic self. Carmina is a fiery Latina who has committed her life to helping people freely express themselves. From working in television to starting her own business to embracing her wild, feminine self in her marriage, she has opened herself up to the freedom that comes with embracing your strengths as a feminine woman.
“Femininity is an open fire.”
Carmina traces back her self-development journey through her family dynamics and relationships with men. The pain of living in a different city than her father as a teenager, the betrayal of having a long time boyfriend cheat on her, and the grace she found in her relationship with her husband– every experience taught her something new about love and brought her closer to a true understanding of her own soul and the strengths that she had that she had always thought were weaknesses. In marriage and in business, Carmina has learned that you don’t have to work like a man. Real success comes from recognizing the strengths that lie in femininity, creativity, and flexibility.
“There is no room in my life for anything that will sabotage my happiness.”
In this episode, Carmina shares her journey to shedding the masks she put on after years of trauma and unhealthy relationships, the freedom that has come from connecting to her feminine, wild self in her marriage, and her experiences in building a company while staying healthy, balanced, and in the flow of her creativity.
“Your healing, your freedom, your ownership of your power is available when you open up and allow everyone to see your soul and your heart.”
Tools & Resources Mentioned
People/Blogs to Follow
- Amber Rae – Called a “Millennial Motivator” by Fortune and “The Brené Brown of Wonder” by Mind Body Green, Amber Rae is an author, artist, and speaker whose work invites you to live your truth, befriend your emotions, and express your gifts. Her writing blends raw, personal storytelling with actionable aha! moments and has reached more than 5 million people in 195 countries. Her public art has spread to more than 20 countries, and she’s spoken to and collaborated with brands like Kate Spade, Apple, Amazon, and Unilever.
- Lewis Howes – Lewis David Howes is an American author, entrepreneur, and former professional Arena League football player. He hosts The School of Greatness, a talk show distributed as a podcast. He is on the advisory board of the non-profit Pencils of Promise.
- Preston Smiles – Personal freedom is having the capacity to give and receive love at the highest heights possible according to your soul’s signature. Preston’s program is about mind, body and spiritual evolution. He teaches you how to liberate yourself from the downward spiral of unwanted thoughts, work with negative emotions instead of collapsing into them, and how to build on what’s already innately in you.
- Choose Wonder Over Worry by Amber Rae – Journey with inspirational speaker and artist AMBER RAE as she connects you with your voice of worry and wonder, teaches you to listen to your emotions rather than silence them, and encourages you to seize your dreams. Through a thoughtful blend of vulnerability, soulfulness, and science, Amber Rae guides you in expressing the fullness of who you are and the gifts you’re here to give.
- Dear Lover by David Deida – Every woman knows the fairy tale: find the right man, give him what he wants and needs, and he’ll love you forever. But when the myth you’ve been asked to believe fails to deliver—when you sense you’ve been settling for far less than you know in your heart is possible—how do you attract and keep a man capable of meeting what you most passionately yearn for? In Dear Lover, David Deida explores every aspect of the feminine practice of spiritual intimacy, from sexuality and lovemaking to family and career to emotions, trust, and commitment.