#108 | Menstrual Magic: Syncing Your Life With Your Cycle with Claire Baker
About This Episode
Claire Baker is an Australian women’s coach based in London. Focusing on the intersection of life coaching and menstrual cycle awareness, Claire facilitates 1:1 sessions, educational online courses and inspiring workshops and retreats. Known for her playful honesty and ability to ‘make periods fun’, Claire teaches women how to sync their lives with their menstrual cycle, believing that this approach is the ‘missing key’ in women’s wellbeing. Her work empowers women to embrace their natural rhythm, claim their self-authority and transform their creative, emotional, sexual, and spiritual self.
“We’re fed 7-day meal plans and very linear structures and we live in a very linear society. But the female body lives and moves in a different way. It moves on a cycle.”
Join us for an insightful conversation about the importance of embracing your natural cycle, practical steps on starting to track and get intimate with your period, as well as working with it to find, ease, flow and pleasure. Here are the details of our discussion:
- Christianity and menstruation: created taboos
- Claire’s best and worst dating experience
- The vital and critical information about menstrual cycle awareness
- How to start adoring your cycle
- The importance and benefits of working with your body and not against it
- The 4 seasons of your cycle and how to start syncing your life with it
- A few words about the pill and natural contraception methods
- and much more…
Girlskill Podcast is brought to you by:
MagellanTV – a brand-new streaming service that features the very best collection of documentaries available anywhere. The service includes over 1,500 documentary movies, series, and exclusive playlists across major genres. Check out their curated women of history playlist and explore the lives of visionary women who made their mark on history.
Claim your two-month free trial here: https://www.magellantv.com/
Yoni Please Palace by Rosie Rees – World’s leading supplier of crystal yoni eggs for pelvic floor strength and crystal pleasure wands for sacred self-pleasure, helping women awaken their femininity, pleasure and power. — Btw, I have the Goddess Kit 😉
*(use code GIRLSKILL at checkout for a 15% discount)
Tools & Resources Mentioned
People/Blogs to Follow
- John Wineland – an LA-based speaker and teacher leading men and women in the practices os embodied masculine leadership, spiritual intimacy, and sexual polarity
- Daysy – an intelligent fertility tracker that lets you get to know your very own menstrual cycle. Thanks to Daysy, you know exactly when you are in your fertile window and when you are not.
- Elizabeth Gilbert – Elizabeth M. Gilbert is an American author, essayist, short story writer, biographer, novelist, and memoirist. She is best known for her 2006 memoir, Eat, Pray, Love, which as of December 2010 had spent 199 weeks on the New York Times Best Seller list, and which was also made into a film by the same name in 2010.
- Alexandra and Sjanie of Red School – a radical new approach to women’s leadership, creativity and spiritual life based on a uniquely feminine way – the menstrual cycle.
- The Red Tent – 20th Anniversary Edition: A Novel by Anita Diamant – Told in Dinah’s voice, Anita Diamant imagines the traditions and turmoils of ancient womanhood–the world of the red tent. It begins with the story of the mothers–Leah, Rachel, Zilpah, and Bilhah–the four wives of Jacob. They love Dinah and give her gifts that sustain her through childhood, a calling to midwifery, and a new home in a foreign land. Dinah’s story reaches out from a remarkable period of early history and creates an intimate connection with the past.
- How Do You Like Me Now? by A. Renee Pippens – This is a behind the scenes look at what really goes on backstage in tabloid TV. Find out what becomes of people who make fools of themselves on national TV and their reaction to the scandal once they return back to their hometown.
- The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom – Eddie is a wounded war veteran, an old man who has lived, in his mind, an uninspired life. His job is fixing rides at a seaside amusement park. On his 83rd birthday, a tragic accident kills him, as he tries to save a little girl from a falling cart. He awakes in the afterlife, where he learns that heaven is not a destination. It’s a place where your life is explained to you by five people, some of whom you knew, others who may have been strangers. One by one, from childhood to soldier to old age, Eddie’s five people revisit their connections to him on earth, illuminating the mysteries of his “meaningless” life, and revealing the haunting secret behind the eternal question: “Why was I here?”