#48 | Writing Your Own Money Story with Danetha Doe
About This Episode
She is a “money mentor for ambitious women” with a mission to help women thrive financially and build the lives we want. Danetha Doe is the founder of the Money and Mimosas program and the host of the highly successful podcast, “Future of Accounting.”
Danetha has built a successful business working with brands such as Google, Neiman Marcus, Audi and the San Francisco 49ers. She has been named a Top 40 under 40 accounting professional by CPA Practice Advisor, a next-generation accountant by Quickbooks and is the host of the #1 podcast for young accounting professionals. Now a contributing writer for Entrepreneur, her work has also been featured in Elle, Cosmopolitan, Seventeen and Huffington Post Live.
“Your self-worth and your net worth go hand-in-hand.”
Everything she says is surrounded by numbers and research, and she is here to educate us on the ways that women can write their money story and can use their financial health to help themselves and others. In this episode, Danetha gives us five steps to thriving financially, as well as insight into how money can connect to physical and emotional health.
Join us for an insightful conversation on in which we will discuss the role of money in the current political and economic climate, in our romantic relationships, and in our journey to self-awareness.
“Femininity is a quiet strength.”
“Love and money make the world go round, and sometimes not in that order.”
Tools & Resources Mentioned
- Xero – Log in online anytime, anywhere on your Mac, PC, tablet or phone to get a real-time view of your cash flow. It’s small business accounting software that’s simple, smart and occasionally magical.
- Calm – Calm brings clarity, joy and peace to your daily life. Join the millions experiencing the life-changing benefits of meditation and mindfulness.
- TravelBank – All-In-One Business app. The travel & expense app that rewards you for saving. Book flights (now on desktop!). Automate your expenses. Earn rewards. Get reimbursed faster. Get Started — It’s Free to use.
People/Blogs to Follow
- Marie Forleo – She gave up the security of the 9-5, began bartending and waiting tables and doing a multitude of odd jobs to keep a roof over her head while slowly building a coaching business from the ground up. She later coined the term “Multi-Passionate Entrepreneur” because she just didn’t (and never will) fit into a conventional box.
- Myleik Teele – An astute businesswoman who unapologetically pursues excellence in all she does, Myleik Teele is the founder and Chief Experience Officer of curlBOX, the first monthly subscription service for naturally curly hair. Through her notable career as a public relations executive, Myleik’s ability to instinctively identify and market popular trends to the masses, garnered her opportunities to work with brands such as Calvin Klein Cosmetics, The Grammy Awards, Nike, and a stellar roster of clients across the entertainment, tech, and beauty industries.
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill – Think and Grow Rich is a motivational personal development and self-help book written by Napoleon Hill and inspired by a suggestion from Scottish-American businessman Andrew Carnegie. While the title implies that this book deals only with how to get rich, the author explains that the philosophy taught in the book can be used to help people succeed in all lines of work and to do or be almost anything they want.
- Creating Money; Attracting Abundance by Sanaya Roman – This step-by-step guide to creating money and abundance was given to Sanaya and Duane by their guides, Orin and DaBen. These wise spirit teachers have successfully helped thousands of people to manifest prosperity, find their life’s work, and fulfill their life purpose. This book is infused with Orin and DaBen’s consciousness of abundance that is available to you as you read to increase your ability to create money and abundance.