#73 | The Male Perspective: Finding Love, Overcoming Childhood Trauma, and Standing in Your Power with Dominey Drew
About This Episode
Dominey Drew, an expert in Transpersonal Psychology, sensuality, and spiritual healing, has built her career helping single men find love, overcome past traumas and false beliefs, and stand in their power. With 14 years of study and experience in this field, Dominey is the go-to source for understanding the male experience. Join us for a transformative conversation about what is really happening in the male brain, and how understanding and practicing healthy masculinity can change our relationships forever.
“You can move through shit that you’ve been carrying around with you for your entire life–that you don’t even know is optional!”
In Dominey’s line of work, there are normally three kinds of customers: the perpetually single men, the men who are in a pattern of bad relationships, and/or men with deeply rooted insecurities about women. For almost every problem that is put in front of her, Dominey finds the root of it in her client’s past. A bad experience with their mother, a broken heart early in life, a subconscious assumption that they make about all of their potential partners–these ideas grow and spread through a man’s mind and can impact all of their relationships. Dominey’s goal with all of her clients is to get them to a place where they are confident with themselves and with women and embody the idea of healthy masculinity.
“Receiving, being open, listening, empathizing–that is where I stand in my femininity the best with my clients.”
Dominey came into her field early on. She attended a weekend seminar on spiritual healing at the age of 19, and she was drawn to the embodied work that she saw there. She studied in the field intensively for four years, and she was then accepted into the Barbara Brennan School of Healing in Austria for an additional four years of study. As she began to work in spiritual healing and transformation, she knew she needed to specialize. Dominey saw a need for resources for single men that went deeper than the pick-up lines and cons, and she decided to fill that need with her own unique, transformative coaching.
“I want to be able to make as much money as I want doing what I love–that is my definition of success.”
Tools & Resources Mentioned
People/Blogs to Follow
- Sam Ovens – Sam Ovens quit his corporate job, dropped out of college and started his own consulting business from his parent’s garage in New Zealand. He started from $0 with no investors, debt or outside funding and grew his eponymous e-learning company to $10 million by the age of 26. His firm has offices in Dublin and New York City and makes over $100,000 per day by licensing training programs. Ovens has an estimated net worth of US$65 million.
- Cheryl Childers – Cheryl is the founder and owner of Wisdom Arts Leadership, providing executive advisement, strategic offerings, and custom-designed solutions to those who want to be at the very top of their game. With a reputation for solving the most challenging problems and taking on what seems impossible, she brings her intellect, imagination and vast experience to every encounter.
- Towards the Psychology of Awakening by John Welwood – How can we connect the spiritual realizations of Buddhism with the psychological insights of the West? In Toward a Psychology of Awakening John Welwood addresses this question with comprehensiveness and depth. Along the way, he shows how meditative awareness can help us develop more dynamic and vital relationships and how psychotherapy can help us embody spiritual realization more fully in everyday life. Welwood’s psychology of awakening brings together the three major dimensions of human experience: personal, interpersonal, and suprapersonal, in one overall framework of understanding and practice.
- Perfect Love, Imperfect Relationships by John Welwood – This book takes the reader on a powerful journey of healing and transformation that involves learning to embrace our humanness and appreciate the imperfections of our relationships as trail-markers along the path to great love. It sets forth a process for releasing deep-seated grievances we hold against others for not loving us better and against ourselves for not being better loved. And it shows how our longing to be loved can magnetize the great love that will free us from looking to others to find ourselves.
- The Men on My Couch by Dr. Brandy Engler – When Dr. Brandy Engler opened her sex therapy practice for women in Manhattan, she got a big surprise. Most of the calls were from men. They wanted to talk about womanizing, porn addiction, impotence, prostitutes—and most of all, love. The Men on My Couch is unlike books you’ve read before. There are no tired facile conclusions or pejorative generalizations. Here are fresh insights into modern sexual maladies, gleaned from real people having real struggles and experiencing real epiphanies—in the real world.
- How to be Happy, Dammit by Karen Salmansohn – Think love and happiness have passed you by? Think no schmaltzy book can help you capture the life-joy you’re looking for? This book is different, promises author Karen Salmansohn. Peek within its colorful, uniquely designed pages, and you really will find pearls of wisdom to help you discover more satisfaction every day. And you’ll find no saccharine sweetness here. This book tells it like it is, exploring the ups and downs of life in a straightforward, thought-provoking, and humorous way.
P. S. Sign up for the newly released training on “The Lie of Female Success” and learn how it’s keeping you stuck, unfulfilled & drained.
Here is what you will learn on this exclusive, one-of-a-kind training:
- The Modern Female Epidemic that’s keeping women confined, unhappy & unfulfilled
- Where the Journey to Success actually begins & how did we all get here
- The Essential Forgotten Element to any woman’s “successful life”
- The Secret to Attracting, Sustaining & Magnifying the relationship that you want
- The True Power & Definition of femininity & masculinity
- The #1 Reason for Feeling Numb, stuck in your head & sensually asleep