#13 | Starting a Social Media Consulting Business & Overcoming Fears with Frankie Simmons of Frankie Consults
Scared to death of starting your thing, putting yourself out there and actually starting a business?
Frankie was too. She still is… (aren’t we all?!)
But she’s showing up every single day fighting her fears, wrestling with deadlines and learning from her clients and community. She finds great value in staying connected with entrepreneurial online communities where she grows and expands.
She also has been working on transforming her business and money mindset into owning her story, her expertise and her offers to clients. Join us for a discussion where Frankie shares her struggles and challenges on this journey of building a business as well as how she gets through it.
Frankie is passionate about social media and branding and obsessed with baseball.
While she had a summer job at an ice-cream boutique, she started helping out her manager with social media efforts. The business was successful and growing and, eventually, Frankie became in charge of their communications department.
Her main motivation to get out of bed is… FUN. With all the stress and mistakes included. Building a brand has been very rewarding, she says. She gets ‘jazzed’ about it!
Frankie is an avid storyteller and started her business in August this year!
“I’ve always been very hard on myself. I realized I can’t wait around for my mind to tell me I’m successful. That’s not gonna happen.”
Mindset shift was one of the most important turning points in her decision to become an entrepreneur. She’s constantly showing up with weekly “Facebook lives” giving tips and providing value. It seemed all huge and scary and it still is but Frankie knows that this is the path to her success.
“I feel at my most feminine when I think of me as a legacy of other women before me.”
Tools & Resources Mentioned
- Instagram – Instagram is a simple way to capture and share the world’s moments. Follow your friends and family to see what they’re up to, and discover accounts from all over the world that are sharing things you love.
• Google play
- Ink361.com – Provides insights for marketers, analysts and brand leaders to grow and engage with their audience on Instagram.
- Passion Planner – Passion Planner is the one place for all your thoughts. It’s more than just a planner—it’s a tool that helps you break down your short and long-term goals and incorporate them into your daily life. It has been designed to encourage you to plan for the future, reflect on the past, but most importantly, act on the present. Think of it as a 24/7 life coach that fits in your backpack—always ready to challenge you to focus on what is most important, accept your thoughts and ideas without judgment, and prompt you to reflect on your everyday life. They hope it becomes a place where you can decluster your mind, allowing you to focus on the present moment.
- Being Boss – A podcast for creative entrepreneurs with Emily Thompson & Kathleen Shannon. Their stories, advice and interviews are about being boss the way they choose and being who they are in work and life! They get real advice from other boss guests, as well as their own experiences doing the work, and making it happen.
Recommended Mindset Coach
- Shannon Depalma – Female entrepreneur and business coach. Teaching women how to build online digital empires so they can spend more time with their families and in their yoga pants.
Recommended Facebook Communities
- Humans of Online Business – For rule-breakers, for trailblazers, for humans. Build your online business with them, for FREE.
- Being Boss – The group is linked to a podcast for creative entrepreneurs by Kathleen Shannon & Emily Thompson about owning who you are and making things happen.
- The Rising Tide Society – A movement dedicated to the people it serves, the society focuses on building community locally and transforming not only the creative industry but also the world. They believe in educating and empowering Creatives Entrepreneurs to thrive in the spirit of Community over Competition.
- “David Copperfield” by Charles Dickens – This is the novel Dickens regarded as his “favorite child” and is considered his most autobiographical. As David recounts his experiences from childhood to the discovery of his vocation as a successful novelist, Dickens draws openly and revealingly on his own life. Among the gloriously vivid cast of characters are Rosa Dartle, Dora, Steerforth, and the ‘umble Uriah Heep, along with Mr. Micawber, a portrait of Dickens’s own father that evokes a mixture of love, nostalgia, and guilt.
- “A Tale of Two Cities” by Charles Dickens – Set against the backdrop of the French Revolution, it tells the story of a family threatened by the terrible events of the past. Dr. Manette, wrongly imprisoned in the Bastille for eighteen years, is finally released and is reunited with his daughter Lucie, who despite her French ancestry has been brought up in London. Lucie falls in love with Charles Darnay, who has abandoned wealth and title in France because of his political convictions. When revolution breaks out in Paris, Darnay returns to the city to help an old family servant, but there he is arrested because of the crimes committed by his relations. Lucie, with their daughter and her father, follows him across the Channel, thus putting all their lives in danger.
- Jane Austen’s Works – She was an English novelist whose works include Sense and Sensibility, Pride and Prejudice, Mansfield Park, Emma, Northanger Abbey, and Persuasion. Her biting social commentary and masterful use of both free indirect speech and irony eventually made Austen one of the most influential and honored novelists in English Literature.
- “You Are a Badass at Making Money: Master the Mindset of Wealth” by Jen Sincero – “You Are a Badass at Making Money” will launch you past the fears and stumbling blocks that have kept financial success beyond your reach. Drawing on her own transformation—over just a few years—from a woman living in a converted garage with tumbleweeds blowing through her bank account to a woman who travels the world in style, Jen Sincero channels the inimitable sass and practicality that made You Are a Badass an indomitable bestseller. She combines hilarious personal essays with bite-size, aha concepts that unlock earning potential and get real results.