#57 | Dating Every Man in New York: The Adventure of Finding a Romantic Connection with Relationship Coach Jackie Blake
About This Episode
Relationships are hard. Once we take off our pink-colored glasses after the honeymoon stage, the real, actual work begins. It is tough enough to realize what we want and who we are in a relationship, let alone understand our partner’s needs. How can we cut through the bullshit and make real connections? Jackie Blake is here to help.
Jackie is the author of Dating as a Spiritual Journey: Avoid Red Flags, Rock the Journey and Find the One, a location-independent life and relationship coach, and an American expat. She is a certified personal trainer, yoga instructor, holistic lifestyle coach, exercise coach, and THEGROOVE dance facilitator–in other words, Jackie knows her stuff! However, after dating in NYC for ten years, Jackie decided that she needed to make a change. She didn’t understand who she was anymore, she was burnt out and couldn’t find the motivation she used to have. So, she moved to the Canary Islands to rediscover her sense of wonder and adventure in her dating life as well as redefine herself as a woman. Now she is sharing her life experience and insights about dating with the world.
“If I am going to be single, that means I have to be happy and O.K.”
Jackie is here to help us see the patterns in our relationships, the red flags that we should all be aware of, and the power of mirrors in men that show us parts of ourselves that we never knew existed. Jackie has had ups and downs–she rose to the top of her field, met amazing people, moved back in with her mother, and then to another country–but she has learned to see the patterns in those ups and downs and is using her knowledge to increase her feminine power and understanding.
“We can look into our own beliefs to see where these patterns come from, and that is how we start deconstructing them to attract something else.”
Listen to this episode to embark on a journey of understanding yourself and the men around you. Jackie will tell us about how she dated every man in New York, became a highly successful personal trainer, met the man she needed (and she doesn’t care if people call her a cougar), and discovered the amazing air curler that no one knows how to use properly!
“Femininity is the stillness of receiving.”
Tools & Resources Mentioned
People/Blogs to Follow
- Lewis Howes – Lewis David Howes is an American author, entrepreneur, and former professional Arena League football player. He hosts The School of Greatness, a talk show distributed as a podcast. He is on the advisory board of the non-profit Pencils of Promise.
- Marie Forleo – Marie Forleo is an American life coach, motivational speaker, author and web television host of Marie TV. She is the owner of Marie Forleo International, B-School and MarieTV.
- Abraham (Esther) Hicks – Esther Hicks is an inspirational speaker and author. She co-authored eight books with her husband, Jerry Hicks. Together, they have presented Law of Attraction workshops for Abraham-Hicks Publications in up to 60 cities per year since 1987.
Hay House, Inc. published the Hicks’ best-selling book, Ask and It is Given, in 2004. Since then, they have also published four more New York Times Best-sellers.
- The Surrender Experiment: My Journey Into Life’s Perfection by Michael Singer – Michael A. Singer, author of The Untethered Soul, tells the extraordinary story of what happened when, after a deep spiritual awakening, he decided to let go of his personal preferences and simply let life call the shots. As Singer takes you on this great experiment and journey into life’s perfection, the events that transpire will both challenge your deepest assumptions about life and inspire you to look at your own life in a radically different way.
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho – Paulo Coelho’s masterpiece tells the mystical story of Santiago, an Andalusian shepherd boy who yearns to travel in search of a worldly treasure. His quest will lead him to riches far different—and far more satisfying—than he ever imagined. Santiago’s journey teaches us about the essential wisdom of listening to our hearts, of recognizing opportunity and learning to read the omens strewn along life’s path, and, most importantly, to follow our dreams.
- A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin – For the first time, all five novels in the epic fantasy series that inspired HBO’s Game of Thrones are together in one eBook bundle. An immersive entertainment experience unlike any other, A Song of Ice and Fire has earned George R. R. Martin—dubbed “the American Tolkien” by Time magazine—international acclaim and millions of loyal readers.