#136 | Masculine Vulnerability, Embodiment & Emotional Crises with Jared Osborne
About This Episode
“Jared is a Men’s Coach, QiGong Teacher & Transformational Psychotherapist. He teaches and speaks about Embodied Living – an approach to life that supports us to have the courage and capacity to face our depths and begin to live the authentic truth of who we are.
Jared is particularly passionate about helping Men to step into their full power, and in changing limiting cultural & psychological stereotypes of manhood so that men & women can have rich and rewarding relationships.
He teaches men remarkable tools so that they can harness their sexual vitality for health, potency and immensely rewarding relationships. Men don’t have to learn to ‘do something’, we just have to learn to let our bodies operate as they are meant to.”
“A lot of women are really yearning for men to fully step in their power… But at the same time, they’re cutting the men down by defining what that should look like. Men are incredibly complex, really deep beings. We just don’t wear it on a sleeve a lot of the time.”
Join us for a discussion about why women yearn for men to step fully in their power, the difference between feminine and masculine vulnerability and how to hold ourselves and each other through emotional crises. Here are the details of our conversation:
- What Jared finds attractive in a woman
- How men and women experience emotions differently
- Why a woman’s emotions might be overwhelming for a man
- The importance of building internal emotional structures
- Learning to hold ourselves and each other through emotional crises
- How men and women experience the internal feminine/masculine dynamic
- How does masculine embodiment look like
- Why women yearn for men to be in their power
- Healthy and destructive ways of masculine leadership
- Jared’s message for women
- And much more…
Tools & Resources Mentioned
People/Blogs to Follow
- Dan Sullivan is founder and president of The Strategic Coach Inc. Dan has over 35 years’ experience as a speaker, consultant, strategic planner, and coach.
- André Chaperon is a master copywriter and email marketer. He’s the co-founder of Tiny Little Businesses, a company to help creators become better marketers. His most popular product to date is AutoResponder Madness (ARM).
- King, Warrior, Magician, Lover: Rediscovering the Archetypes of the Mature Masculine by Robert Moore & Doug Gillette – Redefining age-old concepts of masculinity, Jungian analysts Robert Moore and Douglas Gillette make the argument that mature masculinity is not abusive or domineering, but generative, creative, and empowering of the self and others. Moore and Gillette clearly define the four mature male archetypes that stand out through myth and literature across history: the king (the energy of just and creative ordering), the warrior (the energy of aggressive but nonviolent action), the magician (the energy of initiation and transformation), and the lover (the energy that connects one to others and the world), as well as the four immature patterns that interfere with masculine potential (divine child, oedipal child, trickster and hero). King, Warrior, Magician, Lover is an exploratory journey that will help men and women reimagine and deepen their understanding of the masculine psyche.
- Tao Te Ching by Lao Dzu – Originally written in the 6th century B.C., the Tao Te Ching is an ageless compilation of ancient wisdom.
- This Is Marketing: You Can’t Be Seen Until You Learn to See by Seth Godin – Seth Godin has taught and inspired millions of entrepreneurs, marketers, leaders, and fans from all walks of life, via his blog, online courses, lectures, and bestselling books. He is the inventor of countless ideas that have made their way into mainstream business language, from Permission Marketing to Purple Cow to Tribes to The Dip. Now, for the first time, Godin offers the core of his marketing wisdom in one compact, accessible, timeless package. This is Marketing shows you how to do work you’re proud of, whether you’re a tech startup founder, a small business owner, or part of a large corporation.