#124 | 6 Steps to Avoiding Burnout the Naturopathic Way with Jules Galloway
About This Episode
Jules Galloway is a qualified naturopath and functional medicine practitioner who helps women with fatigue and burnout to regain their health and improve their energy levels. Her practice uses a unique blend of cutting edge science, real food, and natural medicines (with a little bit of mindset thrown in!).
Since 2006 Jules has helped hundreds of women in her clinic to recover from fatigue and burnout. She has reached thousands more through her programs, blog posts, social media, and podcasts. Jules also has healed herself from adrenal fatigue, anxiety and depression. Her clients come to her because they are sick of having no energy for their family, friends and the things they love so she is on a mission to help these women feel happy, in control and full of vitality.
“We’re trying to be everything to everyone and all at once. And I totally believe that we can be just as successful as men… but we’re also are really terrible at asking for help, and at saying ‘No’ to things, and at delegating things. And so we just take on so much all at once. And then get really frustrated and angry at ourselves when we don’t cope!”
Join us for a conversation about why successful women are prone to burnout, how to recognize burnout symptoms and start taking steps to prevent it. Here are the details of our conversation:
- What functional medicine is
- Naturopathy & its holistic approach to treating the whole person
- The myths of homeopathy
- Why successful women are prone to burnout & adrenal fatigue
- How comparisonitis affects women
- Symptoms & signs of burnout
- 6 practical steps to avoiding burnout
- And much more…
Tools & Resources Mentioned
People/Blogs to Follow
- Dr. Libby Weaver – Armed with abundant knowledge, scientific research and a true desire to help others recover their energy and vitality, Dr Libby empowers and inspires people to take charge of their health and happiness.
- Dr. Izabella Wentz – an internationally acclaimed thyroid specialist and licensed pharmacist who has dedicated her career to addressing the root causes of autoimmune thyroid disease after being diagnosed with Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis in 2009.
- Amy Myers, MD is a two-time New York Times best-selling author and an internationally acclaimed functional medicine physician who specializes in empowering those with autoimmune, thyroid, and digestive issues to take back their health and reverse their condition. In addition, she is the founder and CEO of a multi-million-dollar e-commerce wellness company.
- Lara Briden is a naturopathic doctor and the period revolutionary—leading the change to better periods. Informed by a strong science background and more than twenty years with patients, Lara is a passionate communicator about women’s health and alternatives to hormonal birth control. Her book Period Repair Manual is a manifesto of natural treatment for better hormones and better periods and provides practical solutions using nutrition, supplements, and natural hormones. Now in its second edition, the book has been an underground sensation and has worked to quietly change the lives of tens of thousands of women.
- Dr. Libby Weaver’s books – When addressing any health concern, Dr Libby’s three-pillar approach looks at the biochemical, nutritional and emotional reasons behind what might be driving the body to behave in a certain way. With a natural ability to break down even the most complex of concepts into layman’s terms, Dr Libby’s health messages are globally relevant and her holistic approach and unique form of education is embraced globally. Dr Libby is one of the biggest selling authors in New Zealand. She is a seven times number one bestseller with her books Accidentally Overweight, Rushing Woman’s Syndrome, Real Food Chef, Beauty from the Inside Out, Real Food Kitchen, Sweet Food Story and The Calorie Fallacy.