#98 | Save the Bees: Quitting a Soul-Sucking Job & Starting an Environmentally Conscious Business with Kelly Butler
About This Episode
Kelly Butler is a mechanical-engineer-turned-corporate-marketer-turned-entrepreneur living as a nomad. In early 2017, she got tired of working for a corporation that didn’t align with her values and decided to create Tees For Bees – an environmentally conscious apparel brand that creates a buzz around saving the bees and aims to bring the cause to the mainstream. Tees For Bees also donates 10% of profits to Bee City, community outreach projects and educating young children.
Join us for a conversation of transformation, belief in a good cause and love for nature as well as what it takes to achieve one’s dream. Kelly and I also talk about:
- Kelly’s moment of “happy on paper but miserable inside”
- Influences that played a big role in discovering herself and finding her path
- Why we should be grateful for the super shit times
- Getting out of a soul-sucking job at 22 when everything looked “perfect”
- Coming up with the idea for Tees for Bees
- The importance of connecting to nature
- Why bees are important and why we should care
- The journey of creating an environmentally conscious business
- 4 simple and essential steps to saving the bees today
- and much more…
“I cared about freedom and being in nature; having time to get to know myself and explore my mind, and having a positive impact on the world. And I was spending my time grinding for a corporation, winding and dining executives that I don’t really care about, pulling all-nighters in an office away from nature.”
Use code “GIRLSKILL” at checkout for a 15% off any items at tsforbees.com
Tools & Resources Mentioned
People/Blogs to Follow
- Allie Michelle – Her intention is to support people on their path to living a fully empowered life. Instagram Guru, Yogi, and a travel & wellness blogger.
- Claire Michelle – Vegan and health conscious YouTube personality who shares her diet along with daily vlogs for her more than 160,000 subscribers.
- Gary Vee on Instagram – Gary Vaynerchuk is a Belarusian American entrepreneur, author, speaker and internet personality. First known as a wine critic who expanded his family’s wine business, Vaynerchuk is best known for his work in digital marketing and social media, leading New York-based companies VaynerMedia and VaynerX
- Amelia Whelan on Instagram – Inspiring others to create a life of abundance and health through plant-based living and an alkalized lifestyle.
- Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values by Robert M. Pirsig – Acclaimed as one of the most exciting books in the history of American letters, this modern epic became an instant bestseller upon publication in 1974, transforming a generation and continuing to inspire millions. This 25th Anniversary Quill Edition features a new introduction by the author; important typographical changes; and a Reader’s Guide that includes discussion topics, an interview with the author, and letters and documents detailing how this extraordinary book came to be.
- The Sun and Her Flowers by Rupi Kaur – Divided into five chapters and illustrated by Kaur, the sun and her flowers is a journey of wilting, falling, rooting, rising, and blooming. A celebration of love in all its forms.