#71 | The Essence of Yoga: Connecting to God, Building a Business, and Finding Forgiveness with Kino MacGregor
About This Episode
For many, Kino MacGregor needs no introduction. With over 1 million followers on Instagram, more than 20 years of yoga experience, and the coveted and rare title of Certified Ashtanga Yoga Instructor by its founder Sri K. Pattabhi Jois who practices into the Fifth Series of Ashtanga Yoga, Kino has gained massive popularity. While her Instagram is full of perfect headstands and sunshine with coconuts, on this episode Kino shares with Girlskill the struggles that she has faced along her path, and is still facing, and how she is working through them.
“I have so many more mountains I want to climb–but my sense of fulfillment is not at the top of those mountains, it is inside of me.”
Join us for this profoundly honest conversation where Kino will share her journey to becoming one of only 12 Certified Ashtanga teachers in the U.S., author of four books, producer of six Ashtanga Yoga DVDs, writer, vlogger, world traveler, co-founder of Miami Life Center, co-founder of Yoga Challenge and OmStars. building a successful practice with over 1 million followers and the truths about forgiveness, God, and the true essence of yoga that she learned along the way.
“Femininity is a sense of wholeness as a woman, however each woman defines it.”
In this episode, Kino also shares her advice for young entrepreneurs. For social media, she says to find something that you love doing, and share that. If you are authentic, the people who resonate with your message will find your work. Her most important advice, however, is this: Don’t wait for anyone to do it for you. Don’t wait for your partner or your boss to make moves, if you see a door that you want to be opened, open it yourself.
Throughout all of her success, Kino has found that her superpower is to see the best in people and to expect positive outcomes. This has made her an unstoppable force for good in her teaching, but there are also times when she must face certain mistakes that have been made. Kino shares her experience in forgiving her teachers and herself, finding God on a crowded airplane, and finding peace even when her critics are screaming that she will never be enough.
“If there is a door you want opened, go open it yourself. Put the work in every day. Believe in yourself.”
Tools & Resources Mentioned
People/Blogs to Follow
- Henry & Baloo – Henry the Colorado Dog and his best friend Baloo the Adventure Cat have wormed their way into the hearts of over 700K followers on Instagram. Check out their account to follow their adventures–odds are you will leave with a smile!
- A Path with Heart by Jack Kornfield – A Path with Heart is filled with practical techniques, guided meditations, stories, koans, and other gems of wisdom that can help ease your journey through the world. The author’s own profound—and sometimes humorous—experiences and gentle assistance will skillfully guide you through the obstacles and trials of spiritual and contemporary life to bring a clarity of perception and a sense of the sacred into your everyday experience.
- The Deeper Dimension of Yoga by Georg Feuerstein – Here is a comprehensive survey of the full breadth and depth of the 5,000-year-old Yoga tradition, emphasizing its potent philosophy and spiritual vision. Georg Feuerstein demonstrates that Yoga is much more than a system of physical exercises—it is a profound path of self-transformation that encompasses a range of teachings, practices, and sacred texts that can help us cultivate wisdom, balance, and inner freedom, as well as physical health.
P. S. Sign up for the newly released training on “The Lie of Female Success” and learn how it’s keeping you stuck, unfulfilled & drained.
Here is what you will learn on this exclusive, one-of-a-kind training:
- The Modern Female Epidemic that’s keeping women confined, unhappy & unfulfilled
- Where the Journey to Success actually begins & how did we all get here
- The Essential Forgotten Element to any woman’s “successful life”
- The Secret to Attracting, Sustaining & Magnifying the relationship that you want
- The True Power & Definition of femininity & masculinity
- The #1 Reason for Feeling Numb, stuck in your head & sensually asleep