#1 | Sexy Spatulas, Coworking and Getting Paid Like a Boss with Leanne Beesley
Leanne is the craziest digital nomad & location independent entrepreneur from the UK who doesn’t take herself seriously, says YES to exciting opportunities with ease and has a great sense of humor. She’s known as the co-founder of Coworker.com now valued at $4.5 million just after two years. (Note: at the time of the interview Coworker.com was valued at $2.5 million)
Beside’s Leanne’s story of how she started working online and founding Coworker.com, she also will tell us:
- How sexyspatula.com was her best entrepreneurship learning experience and why investing in a silly business idea is better than doing an online business course
- Why Leanne had switched from online marketing to tech and how is it to be a woman in the tech industry
- How in two days she came up with $12,000 and spent a week with Richard Branson on Necker Island
- What would she like to be written on her tombstone
Quotes from this episode:
“Going to work at 8 AM, coming back at 7 PM, got me thinking… there must be more to life than this.”
“I went online for courses, and they usually had an example of a business possibility and they said: don’t do it, it won’t work. And that’s what I chose: a kitchen spatula. I ended up selling all the spatulas, and make even more (money.)”
Tools & Resources Mentioned
- Envato Market – Over 9 million digital products created by a global community of designers, developers, photographers, illustrators & producers.
- Envato Elements – Inspiring and ready-to-use photos, templates, fonts and assets.
- Envato Blog – Get the latest from Envato on design trends, data, opinions, ideas with tips for all things web, graphics, code and more.
- Mind the Product – Furthering the craB of product management by bringing together product people of all stripes.
- Clearbit Reveal – Turn anonymous website traﬃc into full company proﬁles to power targeted campaigns and close more named accounts.
- “What Got You Here, Won’t Get You There” by Marshall Goldsmith – The corporate world is filled with men and women who have worked hard to reach upper-level management. They’re intelligent, skilled, and even charismatic. But only a handful of them will ever reach the pinnacle — and as executive coach Marshall Goldsmith shows in this book, subtle nuances make all the difference. These are small transactional flaws performed by one person against another that, using Goldsmith’s straightforward, jargon-free advice, are easy behaviors to change.
- Harvard Business Review – Harvard Business Review is the leading destination for smart management thinking. Through its flagship magazine, books, and digital content and tools published on HBR.org, Harvard Business Review aims to provide professionals around the world with rigorous insights and best practices to help lead themselves and their organizations more effectively and to make a positive impact.
Find more about Leanne here
Watch Leanne’s speech presentation “No Skills? No Problem! Hacks, Tips & Tools for Creating A Million Dollar Business – Leanne Beesley” at the Nomad Summit