#33 | Aligning Your Life & Monthly Cycle with the Moon with Lydia Jarjoura
About This Episode
What?! My menstrual cycle is supposed to be aligned with the moon? And I can also schedule my life around my period EVERY SINGLE MONTH? What is this witchery? What is this nonsense? Ladies, I thought this to be nonsense as well until I started tracking my cycle and noticing the differences in my energy levels as I pass through various phases of my cycle that are aligned with the moon.
“Femininity means accepting and being in alignment with the natural flow of what it means to be a woman. It’s riding those waves.”
Lydia Jarjoura is a yoga instructor and a health coach who specializes in women’s wellness. Through nutrition, lifestyle changes, herbs, women’s circles, womb-work, essential oils and more – she guides you towards learning how your cycle can feel when it’s functioning at its best.
“There is an epidemic of women not understanding their womanhood.”
On this episode, she tells us the story of debilitating panic attacks, a diagnosis of Generalized Anxiety Disorder, and a journey of finding her whole-ness through nutrition, yoga, and a daily self-love practice.
“Success for me means freedom: my schedule, my life, and the people I let in.”
Lydia explains why and how women’s menstrual cycles are aligned with the moon and how we can plan not only our months but also our whole lives around our monthly periods. She also gives us practical tips on how to start tracking your cycle today and how to regulate your cycle if it is irregular.
“The Divine Masculine should help women out by being the rocks that the waters of the Divine Feminine need.”
Photo Credit: Richard Casteel
Tools & Resources Mentioned
- Moon for iOS – Your personal lunar portal. View the current phase of the moon; See the moon on the day you were born; Share the moon with your friends; Get notifications for upcoming moon events; Easily access the moon through its widget; Hidden Secrets.
People/Blogs to Follow
- We’Moon Datebook and Calendar – An empowering datebook and multicultural earth spirited calendar, We’Moon features art and writing by and about women: an exploration of women’s experience and perspectives, a goddess-inspired creation from the growing edge of global women’s culture. We’Moon datebooks include full daily lunar and astrological information in a week-at-a-glance format, a lunar month-at-a-glance section, and a comprehensive introduction to astrology, Sun / Moon / Earth cycles, and seasonal Holy Days. Art, prose and poetry by hundreds of gifted contributors from around the world are organized into 13 themed moon-chapters, variously exploring the current years’ theme.
- Passion Planner – Passion Planner is the one place for all your thoughts. It’s more than just a planner—it’s a tool that helps you break down your short and long-term goals and incorporate them into your daily life. It has been designed to encourage you to plan for the future, reflect on the past, but most importantly, act on the present. Think of it as a 24/7 life coach that fits in your backpack—always ready to challenge you to focus on what is most important, accept your thoughts and ideas without judgment, and prompt you to reflect on your everyday life. We hope that it becomes a place where you can declutter your mind, allowing you to focus on the present moment.
- “Girlskill” with Anna Rova – Podcast providing women with the inspiration, tools & resources to embrace their wild, feminine nature – so they can live life on their own terms.
- “Dream Freedom Beauty” with Natalie Ross – Dream Freedom Beauty is a weekly podcast where Natalie interviews mystical, grounded people about conscious living guided by nature and spirit. They talk about how to be in beautiful relationship with the self, others and the earth.
- “ReWild Yourself” with Daniel Vitalis – Daniel is your guide through the world of human ecology and lifestyle design. You’ll explore the strategies that our ancient human bodies and minds need to thrive in a modern world — awakening our instincts and freeing ourselves from the degenerative effects of human domestication.
- “Red Moon” by Miranda Gray – Ancient menstrual wisdom for modern women For our ancestors the menstrual cycle was a source of wonderful creative, spiritual, sexual, emotional, mental and physical energies.
- “Women Who Run With the Wolves” by Clarissa Pinkola Estes – Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estés unfolds rich intercultural myths, fairy tales, folk tales, and stories, many from her own traditions, in order to help women reconnect with the fierce, healthy, visionary attributes of this instinctual nature. Through the stories and commentaries in this remarkable book, we retrieve, examine, love, and understand the Wild Woman, and hold her against our deep psyches as one who is both magic and medicine.
- “Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom (Revised Edition): Creating Physical and Emotional Health and Healing” by Christiane Northrup M.D. – Dr. Christiane Northrup shares with us the latest developments and advances that will maximize our potential for living well in our bodies today.
- “The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom (A Toltec Wisdom Book)” by Don Miguel Ruiz – In The Four Agreements, don Miguel Ruiz reveals the source of self-limiting beliefs that rob us of joy and create needless suffering. Based on ancient Toltec wisdom, The Four Agreements offer a powerful code of conduct that can rapidly transform our lives to a new experience of freedom, true happiness, and love.
- Works by Osho – Osho, known for his revolutionary contribution to the science of inner transformation, continues to inspire millions of people worldwide in their search to define a new approach to individual spirituality that is self-directed and responsive to the everyday challenges of contemporary life.