#89 | Who Wears the Pants? Balancing Work, Family and Letting Your Man Lead with Mandi Ellefson
About This Episode
Mandi Ellefson is the queen of systems, processes, and delegation. She has built a business helping six and seven-figure companies streamline their operations and run smoothly without their owners’ constant input. However, in this episode, Mandi is sharing her views on a different topic: family. With a growing business, a husband, and three daughters, Mandi knows a thing or two about work-life balance, motherhood, and the role of masculine/feminine polarity in the home.
Join us for a controversial conversation about being O.K. with your man wearing the pants in the relationship and the true meaning of family success.
“My husband wears the pants, and I am cool with that.”
Mandi’s journey has been a long one. For years, she and her husband were locked in a power struggle–she wanted complete equality, she wanted to have a say in everything, she wanted to hold a place of masculine power in the home. But her family didn’t need what her clients needed, and it was this realization that led Mandi and her husband to seek out help and make changes in her relationship. Now, Mandi has stepped into a role of feminine, matriarchal leadership in her home.
“Family success is about the amount of quality, impactful time with the people you love. It is about being present and being in the moment with your relationships.”
In this episode, Mandi shares her struggle to let her man lead and her advice to women who are starting businesses and raising children. This interview is different from any other interview that Mandi has done, and we are so excited that she chose Girlskill as her platform for this message!
Tools & Resources Mentioned
People/Blogs to Follow
- Perry Marshall – Perry Sink Marshall is an American online marketing strategist, entrepreneur, and author of several books, including Evolution 2.0: Breaking the Deadlock Between Darwin and Design, Ultimate Guide to Google AdWords, and Ultimate Guide to Facebook Advertising.
- Profit First by Mike Michalowicz – Conventional accounting uses the logical (albeit, flawed) formula: Sales – Expenses = Profit. The problem is, businesses are run by humans, and humans aren’t always logical. Serial entrepreneur Mike Michalowicz has developed a behavioral approach to accounting to flip the formula: Sales – Profit = Expenses. Just as the most effective weight loss strategy is to limit portions by using smaller plates, Michalowicz shows that by taking profit first and apportioning only what remains for expenses, entrepreneurs will transform their businesses from cash-eating monsters to profitable cash cows.
- Letting Go: The Pathway of Surrender by David R. Hawkins – The present work describes a simple and effective means by which to let go of the obstacles to Enlightenment and become free of negativity. During the many decades of the author’s clinical psychiatric practice, the primary aim was to seek the most effective ways to relieve human suffering in all its many forms. The letting go technique (surrender) was found to be of great practical benefit and is described in this book.
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie – Dale Carnegie’s rock-solid, time-tested advice has carried countless people up the ladder of success in their business and personal lives. One of the most groundbreaking and timeless bestsellers of all time, How to Win Friends & Influence People will teach you six ways to make people like you, twelve ways to win people to your way of thinking, and nine ways to change people without arousing resentment.
- Traction: Get a Grip on Your Business by Gino Wickham – In Traction, you’ll learn the secrets of strengthening the six key components of your business. You’ll discover simple yet powerful ways to run your company that will give you and your leadership team more focus, more growth, and more enjoyment. Successful companies are applying Traction every day to run profitable, frustration-free businesses—and you can too.