#109 | Enough on Your Own? Trusting Your Deep Longings & Embodying Vulnerability with Marcela Widrig
About This Episode
“Marcela Widrig, founder of Fierce Embodiment, teaches men and women to release old beliefs, hurts, fears and the restrictive way they are held in their bodies today. She trained extensively with the Grinberg Method® for over 18 years, after getting her hands-on start in therapeutic massage and shiatsu.
To be able to teach a wider audience and give her clients tools to deepen their learning, she continued her development with the Grinberg Method’s Stopping Movement training, Body-mind Centering®, Embodied Flow™ yoga and Motion Theatre®. This combination of somatic bodywork, movement training, breath and expressive arts has given her a rich variety of body-centered tools to guide clients through trauma and emotional challenges, such as fear, shame, humiliation and anger. Marcela currently teaches workshops in the U.S., Australia, New Zealand, Bali, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Ireland, Italy and United Kingdom.”
“The structure that we have been given as to how we’re going to thrive and how we’re supposed to be successful in life – what makes you have it going on… that is just a big lie.”
Join us for a conversation on letting ourselves want what we want; need what we need and embrace our loneliness, shame and fear inside ourselves. Here is what we talk about:
- The Lie of Female Success and why the world is not built for women (yet)
- How do we explore and trust our deepest longings
- Practical tools to start creating habits of releasing shame and embracing our womanness
- How to release yourself from the pressures of “children and husband” paradigms
- How to make peace with the possibility of not having a partnership and family
- The importance of letting yourself need what you need and want what you want
- How to deal with lonely moments
- How to step into the courage of personal transformation
- The most important guiding question of our embodied lives
- The importance of being in your body
- The non-goal oriented approach of embodiment
- How to work with the boundaries of YES and NO
- And much more…
Girlskill Podcast is brought to you by:
MagellanTV – a brand-new streaming service that features the very best collection of documentaries available anywhere. The service includes over 1,500 documentary movies, series, and exclusive playlists across major genres. Check out their curated women of history playlist and explore the lives of visionary women who made their mark on history.
Claim your two-month free trial here: https://www.magellantv.com/
Yoni Please Palace by Rosie Rees – World’s leading supplier of crystal yoni eggs for pelvic floor strength and crystal pleasure wands for sacred self-pleasure, helping women awaken their femininity, pleasure and power. — Btw, I have the Goddess Kit 😉
*(use code GIRLSKILL at checkout for a 15% discount)
- Fierce Embidment online
- Marcela Widrig on Instagram
- Forgiving – A Body Practice on Soundcloud
- Longing ~ a daily practice on Soundcloud
Tools & Resources Mentioned
People/Blogs to Follow
- Michaela Boehm – Michaela Boehm is among the most gifted and in-demand teachers, speakers, and counselors to be found globally today. Born and raised in Austria, Michaela received degrees in Psychology and further extensive training in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Hypnosis, and NLP. Upon moving to the United States in 1994, she quickly became a counselor to the stars in Hollywood, California, and her on-going clients include Oscar-winning actors, producers, writers, multiple Grammy-winning musicians, CEO’s, and multi-billion dollar fund managers.
- Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind by Yuval Noah Harari – Planet Earth is 4.5 billion years old. In just a fraction of that time, one species among countless others has conquered it. Us. We are the most advanced and most destructive animals ever to have lived. What makes us brilliant? What makes us deadly? What makes us Sapiens? In this bold and provocative book, Yuval Noah Harari explores who we are, how we got here and where we’re going.
- The Wild Woman’s Way by Michaela Boehm – Discover how to create and enjoy a pleasure-filled and meaningful life with this practical tantra handbook for the high-achieving modern woman.
- Vagina: A New Biography by Naomi Wolf – Vagina: A New Biography combines cutting-edge science with cultural history to explore the role of female desire and how it affects female identity, creativity and confidence. Provocative and engaging, positive and inspiring, this book brings to light female impulses, history and dreams – and, in exploring what women really need – it goes to the very core of what it means to be female. For any woman who wants to understand her body and her mind and the culture that defines her – Vagina is essential reading.
- The Body Keeps the Score: Mind, Brain and Body in the Transformation of Trauma by Bessel van der Kolk – The effects of trauma can be devastating for sufferers, their families and future generations. Here one of the world’s experts on traumatic stress offers a bold new paradigm for treatment, moving away from standard talking and drug therapies and towards an alternative approach that heals mind, brain and body.