#34 | Healing Your Broken Heart with Melany Oliver
About This Episode
Ever felt like your heart is breaking into pieces after a terrible breakup, betrayal or loss?
We’ve all been there, and often these are the darkest moments of our life. But it doesn’t have to be this way. There is a way to heal our hearts that is gentle, understanding and flowing.
“Balancing being feminine and holding the masculine aspects are the best and the hardest part of being a woman.”
Melany Oliver is an intuitive healer and a relationship coach who teaches women how to heal their hearts after trauma, disappointment or loss. Melany was almost kidnapped at the age of 7, raped at 14, attacked at 27 and went through a devastating traumatic experience leaving her with feelings of shame, guilt, and disgust.
“I struggled with femininity and embraced it only when I turned 30. It all starts with loving and accepting yourself first.”
On this episode, we talk about why traumatic experiences happen to us and how to get rid of the “why-me?” syndrome. Melany explains how to get out of the victim mentality, recognize the destructive patterns in your relationships with men and the world. She also provides practical tools on how to connect to your heart and live a more fulfilled life.
5 tools to connect to your heart and live a more fulfilled life:
- Connecting on the Earth
- Nurturing your soul
Get Melany’s Programs here at 50% discount for Girlskill listeners with the “gskill50” code at checkout
Tools & Resources Mentioned
- Evernote – Get organized. Work smarter. Remember everything. Organize your work and declutter your life. With Evernote on your desktop and mobile devices, your notes are always with you and always in sync
- Acuity Scheduling – All you need to do is show up at the right time. Acuity Scheduling is your online assistant working 24/7 to fill your schedule.
- Typorama on iTunes – Typorama lets you create amazing visuals by “automagically” transforming your text and photos into beautiful typographic designs. No design skills needed!
- Audible – Listen anytime, anywhere to an unmatched selection of audiobooks, original premium podcasts, and more at Audible. Your first book is Free with Trial!
People/Blogs to Follow
- Amber Vilhauer – Amber Vilhauer is an online business growth mentor who supports authors, speakers, and coaches to establish a powerful, integrated online presence that gets results and empowers them to make a difference in their industry. Since starting her multi-six-figure company NGNG Enterprises (standing for No Guts No Glory) in 2007, she has spent her career impacting her community and building strong strategic alliances with industry leaders and game-changers across the web. Amber has supported thousands of entrepreneurs on six continents to get results. She is the launch manager behind several #1 bestselling books including those for Mark Victor Hansen, Brendon Burchard, Lisa Nichols and Les Brown.
- Lilou Mace – Lilou Macé is a French-American author, webTV host and international Internet video blogger since 2005 with over 42-million video views on her youtube channels and the co-founder of a global Internet community, The 100-Day Reality Challenge. Lilou is now travelling around the world interviewing people to offer online everyday wisdom and inspiration on the Lilou Mace TV.
- Caroline Myss Morning Meditation & Evening Meditation – Medical intuitive and bestselling author Caroline Myss guides you through an energy evaluation meditation for use shortly after waking in the morning. By bringing focused awareness to your body’s subtle-energy system, you open the doorway to love, faith, and your deeper spiritual potential.
- London Real – London Real is a video talk show that introduces you to the fascinating people in the world. It is broadcast from studios in Shoreditch, East London to television and online platforms including London Live TV, YouTube and iTunes and is hosted by Brian Rose. Tired of being spoon-fed from the mainstream media, we’ve set out to offer a fresh, unscripted and unedited look into the world of real people. From activists to scientists, authors to fighters, politicians to drug smugglers – we present their real stories, uncensored and uncut.
- The Joe Rogan Experience – The Joe Rogan Experience podcast is a long-form conversation hosted by comedian, UFC color commentator, and actor Joe Rogan with friends and guests that have included comedians, actors, musicians, MMA instructors and commentators, authors, artists, and porn stars. The Joe Rogan Experience was voted the Best Comedy Podcast of 2012 on iTunes.
- “Shift Your Spirits” by Slade Roberson – He shares his brand of spiritual edification, paranormal experiences, personal development, and interviews with others who write and teach about these subjects.
- Works by Paulo Coelho – The Brazilian author is considered one of the most influential authors of our times. His books have sold more than 165 million copies worldwide, have been released in 170 countries and been translated into 80 languages.
- “The Seven Spiritual Laws Of Success: A Practical Guide to the Fulfillment of Your Dreams” by Dr Deepak Chopra – This is a book you will cherish for a lifetime, for within its pages Deepak Chopra offers a life-altering perspective on the attainment of success. Filled with timeless wisdom, the essence of his teachings is distilled into seven simple, yet powerful principles that can easily be applied to create success and abundance in all areas of your life.
- “Ishmael” by Daniel Quinn – One of the most beloved and bestselling novels of spiritual adventure ever published, Ishmael has earned a passionate following among readers and critics alike. This special twenty-fifth-anniversary edition features a new foreword and afterword by the author, as well as an excerpt from My Ishmael.