#110 | Blooming From Within: The Ultimate Confidence Building Act Through Creative Photography with Melissa Katherine
About This Episode
What do forest femmes, goth mylk baths, wicked queens, dark water sirens, and 1970’s technicolor horror hotels have in common? An artist who believes that every woman should have a portrait of herself that she absolutely adores. Melissa Katherine is a Sydney-based internationally published creative photographer, makeup and hair stylist she specializes in pin-up, vintage and cinematic creative portraiture.
Through her multi-disciplined approach, she creates unforgettable experiences for creative kick-ass babes to celebrate and capture their inner spirit by creating timeless, otherworldly and nostalgic portraits that remind women of how extra special and unique they are. With self-belief high on her agenda, Melissa loves breaking rules and stereotypes and getting her hands dirty to create unique fantasy world portraits with exciting and surprising themes. When you work with Melissa, it’s like jumping on the “Creative Express” to discover your inner essence and create a memory that outlasts you.
“Success is almost like a mirage; when you have goals and you reach those goals you still want more… Success is almost elusive because once you get there, it’s not really about the destination, it’s about the journey.”
Join us for a discussion of empowerment and transformation, channeling your inner babe and soaking up the magic of YOU through creating an impressive memory that will not only live with you forever as an unforgettable experience but that will also dazzle all of your Instagram friends and fans. Here are more details of what we talk about:
- The transformative power of creative photography
- Why every woman needs to have a portrait of herself that she absolutely adores
- Celebrating womanhood and self-esteem through portrait photography
- The benefits of a creative photoshoot
- What happens in a creative photo session
- Why a creative photoshoot can be an empowering and confidence building experience
- The importance of creating a memory that will outlive you
- Discovering your essence through creative photography
- Why the way we see ourselves is the most powerful indicators of success
- Why true empowerment is about blooming from within
- and much more…
Girlskill Podcast is brought to you by:
MagellanTV – a brand-new streaming service that features the very best collection of documentaries available anywhere. The service includes over 1,500 documentary movies, series, and exclusive playlists across major genres. Check out their curated women of history playlist and explore the lives of visionary women who made their mark on history.
Claim your two-month free trial here: https://www.magellantv.com/
Yoni Please Palace by Rosie Rees – World’s leading supplier of crystal yoni eggs for pelvic floor strength and crystal pleasure wands for sacred self-pleasure, helping women awaken their femininity, pleasure and power. — Btw, I have the Goddess Kit 😉
*(use code GIRLSKILL at checkout for a 15% discount)
Tools & Resources Mentioned
People/Blogs to Follow
- Tim Walker – Responsible for some of fashion’s most magical, whimsical and exquisite imagery, British photographer Tim Walker is one of the most creative photographers working today. Walker’s highly produced sets are fantastical environments, often highly allegorical. Walker often plays with proportion, casting his models as giants in a shrunken world, or the reverse.
- Cindy Sherman – a contemporary master of socially critical photography. She is a key figure of the “Pictures Generation,” a loose circle of American artists who came to artistic maturity and critical recognition during the early 1980s, a period notable for the rapid and widespread proliferation of mass media imagery.
- Utopia for Realists: And How We Can Get There by Rutger Bregman – in Utopia for Realists, Rutger Bregman shows that we can construct a society with visionary ideas that are, in fact, wholly implementable. Every milestone of civilisation – from the end of slavery to the beginning of democracy – was once considered a utopian fantasy. New utopian ideas such as universal basic income and a fifteen-hour work week can become reality in our lifetime.
- 21 Lessons for the 21st Century by Yuval Noah Harari – How can we protect ourselves from nuclear war, ecological cataclysms and technological disruptions? What can we do about the epidemic of fake news or the threat of terrorism? What should we teach our children? Yuval Noah Harari takes us on a thrilling journey through today’s most urgent issues. The golden thread running through his exhilarating new book is the challenge of maintaining our collective and individual focus in the face of constant and disorienting change. Are we still capable of understanding the world we have created?