#106 | The Superwoman Syndrome & The Power of Re-wilding with Michaela Boehm
About This Episode
“Michaela Boehm is among the most gifted and in-demand teachers, speakers, and counselors to be found globally today. Born and raised in Austria, Michaela received degrees in Psychology and further extensive training in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Hypnosis, and NLP. Upon moving to the United States in 1994, Michaela established a 20+ year counseling practice logging over 40,000 client hours. She quickly became a counselor to the stars in Hollywood, California, and her on-going clients include Oscar-winning actors, producers, writers, multiple Grammy-winning musicians, CEO’s, and multi-billion dollar fund managers. Included in her clinical experience she co-founded a Malibu celebrity drug rehabilitation center, serving for 4 years as both a counselor and a treatment plan manager, subsequently consulting other facilities on treatment plans. Michaela also consults extensively with international business founders and family offices specializing in succession and second generation wealth strategies.”
“The Superwoman Syndrome is that moment when you realize you have all these options and you want to have them all in a certain way and that’s not possible; and that becomes extremely difficult… so we are drenched in opportunity and as a result of that we are incredibly overwhelmed.”
Join us for an in-depth conversation on how to get rid of the Superwoman Syndrome, the energetics of a woman’s body and the importance of re-wilding and re-sensitizing. Here is what we talk about:
- Michaela’s initiation into tantra
- The intersection between tantra and modern psychology in Michaela’s work
- The experience of embracing the human experience and meeting life “head on”
- Expanding from the inside-out – why working with the body is important
- How to deal with the Superwoman Syndrome
- How to switch between masculine go and feminine flow
- Career vs children: how do we choose?
- The importance of re-wilding & re-sensitizing
- Practical steps for getting back to ourselves
- How to make body decisions from a holistic place & intuition
- Polarity in relationships & in the bedroom
Girlskill Podcast is brought to you by:
MagellanTV – a brand-new streaming service that features the very best collection of documentaries available anywhere. The service includes over 1,500 documentary movies, series, and exclusive playlists across major genres. Check out their curated women of history playlist and explore the lives of visionary women who made their mark on history.
Claim your two-month free trial here: https://www.magellantv.com/
Yoni Please Palace by Rosie Rees – World’s leading supplier of crystal yoni eggs for pelvic floor strength and crystal pleasure wands for sacred self-pleasure, helping women awaken their femininity, pleasure and power. — Btw, I have the Goddess Kit 😉
*(use code GIRLSKILL at checkout for a 15% discount)
- The Michaela Boehm Podcast
- The Wild Woman’s Way Book
- The Wild Woman’s Way Online Course
- Michaela’s Workshops
Tools & Resources Mentioned
People/Blogs to Follow
- Esther Perel – Esther Perel is a therapist, author, speaker and creator of the groundbreaking podcast Where Should We Begin.
- The Smell of Rain on Dust: Grief and Praise by Martín Prechtel – Inspiring hope, solace, and courage in living through our losses, author Martín Prechtel, trained in the Tzutujil Maya shamanic tradition, shares profound insights on the relationship between grief and praise in our culture–how the inability that many of us have to grieve and weep properly for the dead is deeply linked with the inability to give praise for living. In modern society, grief is something that we usually experience in private, alone, and without the support of a community.
- Where Do You Go Alone by Pavana Reddy – Pavana Reddy is a South Indian, Los Angeles based poet and songwriter. She is well known for her song “Remain the sea,” featured on the album “Land of Gold” by legendary sitarist Anoushka Shankar, as well as her debut collection of poetry: “Rangoli.”