#94 | Prenatal Fitness, Menopause, and the Beauty in Taking a Step Back with Moji Doyle
About This Episode
Moji Doyle is a fitness coach, corporate saleswoman, mom of two, and the founder of Prenatal and Beyond Fit. She has worked in the field of women’s fitness for 15 years, helping women who are trying to conceive, pregnant women, and new mothers deal with the physical challenge of pregnancy and childbirth.
Join us for an educational discussion on pregnancy, menopause, and the feminine ability to adapt through the unpredictable changes of life.
“Femininity is being true to myself and embracing who I am — the good, the bad, and the ugly.”
Moji views pregnancy as a 40-week marathon, and she has built a reputation helping women prepare their bodies for the most difficult thing they will ever do. However, between being a mother, an entrepreneur, and working in sales, Moji lost herself in her work—until menopause hit her like a truck. Moji experiences 12 different symptoms of menopause, and after two years of searching, she has finally found a treatment method that helps her to be herself again.
In this episode, Moji shares her experience escaping an arranged marriage, finding her passion for fitness, and being a single mom. Moji also shares fitness advice for new moms and encouragement for women who are struggling with menopause. Women go through so many changes in their lives—but Moji is here to help Girlskill listeners make the most of our powerful, feminine bodies!
“Always listen to your body–that is my number one commandment.”
Tools & Resources Mentioned
- Sky Guide – Sky Guide makes stargazing simple. Just hold it overhead to automatically find stars, constellations, planets, satellites and more. With so many fun and powerful features, there is something for all ages and experience levels!
- Notes – Use Notes to capture a quick thought, create checklists, sketch ideas, and more. And with iCloud, you can keep your notes up to date across all your devices.
- D Minder – The idea behind this application is that it will help you track and manage your Vitamin D. The application will notify you with the next opportunity to generate vitamin D. Each day, you can see forecasts based on your location, and you can also see the solar position, your generated vitamin D vs. target etc. In the Pro version, you can see your exposures’ history and you will be able to schedule future events for next exposures.
- Carb Manager – Carb Manager is the world’s easiest and most comprehensive low carb tracker and macros counter for anyone on a low carb diet or keto diet. We’ve compiled nearly 1 million verified foods in our database, including brand name products, Atkins diet products, and restaurant fare, and created an indispensable resource for thriving with your low carb diet lifestyle.
People/Blogs to Follow
- Dr. Barbie Taylor – Menopause Taylor, also known as “Menopause Barbie,” is an Obstetrician / Gynecologist who retired from active practice in 2001 due to severe arthritis. Despite the fact that she had a law degree and a master’s in business at the time of her retirement (she’s a real nerd and loves school), her true passion has always been helping women.
- Birgitta Gallo – Birgitta is a certified expert in pre and postnatal fitness and nutritional services.
Born and raised in Stockholm Sweden, she started as an athlete in swimming, dance, and bodybuilding, winning State & National titles in Australia. Birgitta has 30 years of experience in the fitness industry (classes, corporate programming, gym design, health club management, public speaking, personal training), and works with a high end & celebrity clientele of expectant mothers in Beverly Hills as well as Internationally with European Royalty.
- Chalene Johnson – Chalene Johnson is a world-renowned motivational speaker with more than 30 years as a health expert. She is a New York Times best-selling author, health and lifestyle expert, and top health podcaster with over 20 million downloads of her show. Tens of millions of people around the globe have transformed their bodies and their lives with her help, and her fitness programs have been featured in gyms and on TV for more than 12 years. She and Bret, her husband of over twenty years, are the founders of the SmartLife movement. Together, they have built and sold several multimillion-dollar lifestyle companies and helped countless people to do the same.
- Honey, I’m Home by Dr. Barbie Taylor – Sustaining love is the real challenge. Honey, I’m Home! reveals how playful pranks, open communication, diverse talents, colorful personalities, and heartfelt commitment keep the most unlikely relationship going strong. George and Barbie’s connection is beautiful, and the joy with which they go about continuously honoring that connection is inspiring.
- Expecting Fitness by Birgitta Gallo – Current research has proven that it is not only safe for pregnant women to exercise, it is absolutely beneficial. Even if you are considered a high-risk pregnancy or are restricted to bed rest, you can and should exercise during this crucial time. This book includes specially designed exercises just for you.
- Dr. John Lee’s Hormone Balance Made Simple by Dr. John Lee & Virginia Hopkins – From the bestselling authors of the classic “What Your Doctor May NOT Tell You” books about menopause and pre-menopause comes an easy-to-use guide on balancing hormone levels safely and naturally. Plus, learn how and when to use estrogen, testosterone and progesterone cream, in simple, effective language. If you want the ABCs of using natural hormones, this book is for you.