#26 | Slaying Your Goals & Getting Sh*t Done with Nadalie Bardo
Nadalie Bardo is the queen of slaying goals. If you still haven’t put up a plan in place for achieving your goals for the next year, fear not because this girl has got it all figured out. She is a creative entrepreneur helping dreamers and hustlers like you slay their goals so that you can build your dream lives with confidence and action.
“It’s all on you. It’s a choice worth making. You are worth the risk. Even if you do fail… but what if you don’t?”
Originally from Toronto, she is a blogger at It’s All You Boo, the creator of the Slay Your Goals Planner, a photographer, a graphic and web designer. This girl is not only a talented business savvy creative but also a highly educated kick-ass woman having a BA in Political Science, MA in International Development, and a Post-Graduate Diploma in Corporate Communication and PR.
On this episode, she shares her 10-step formula on how to get from where you are today to where you want to be, which you can download for free from her website. We talk about the main reason why we all procrastinate and how to stay motivated and going forward.
“To get doing what you love, you need to get to the point where not doing it is more horrible than failure.”
Starting her own creative business was the hard because of all the self-doubt and the “what if you fail?” thoughts. Having the encouragement and support from people who believed in Nadalie’s abilities was paramount. Nadalie recalls that moment of a push or a genuine realization that it’s all on her. She is the one responsible for her actions and her life path.
“Who cares if you fail?! There is always going to be jobs. You can always go back.”
We also talk about the importance of New Year resolutions and Nadalie says that setting goals is only 20% of the job. Simply because planning continually is not enough. It’s easy to fall into the trap of planning your resolutions but not setting concrete action steps on how you’re going to achieve these goals. The other 80 percent is doing it. If you’re having trouble understanding what area to focus on so you can get your life to the next level, Nadalie has come up with a free New Year’s Resolution Quiz you can take.
10 Steps on How to get from where you are today to where you want to be:
- Set your intention
- Brainstorm ideas
- Set 3 smaller goals
- Schedule to-dos
- Be Accountable
- Find Your Focus
- Take Action
- Stay Motivated
- Review & Adjust
Find your focus and stay motivated. Prioritize your time and find accountability. Figure out what is that helps you to put your goals into action. Don’t regurgitate generic goals. Have your own!
Nadalie has designed the most exquisite Slay Your Goals Planner that helps you plan your year, crush your to-dos and review your goals. This 60+ page “one of a kind design” is more than just a planner. It goes beyond goal setting, it is printable and fillable and has yearly, monthly and weekly one page planners, journalism and reflection pages, checklists & templates, motivation quotes and much more!
Tools & Resources Mentioned
- Google Drive – Get access to files anywhere through secure cloud storage and file backup for your photos, videos, files and more.
- Asana – Use Asana to track your team’s work & manage projects.
- Smarter Queue – The smartest way to do social media. Properly. Save over 5 hours every week. Increase your engagement up to 10x with less effort.
People/Blogs to Follow
- Regina Anaejionu – Master blogger and online entrepreneur, sidekick to infopreneurs.
- Episode 2 with Regina on Girlskill – The Female Bruce Wayne on Creative Introversion & Pushing Beyond Expectations
- Wonderlass – Helping bloggers and creative entrepreneurs to start an online business, stand out and grow their income online.
- Travel Noire – Exclusive travel deals, insider tips, inspiration, and more.
- “The Obstacle Is the Way: The Timeless Art of Turning Trials into Triumph” by Ryan Holiday – If you’re feeling frustrated, demoralized, or stuck in a rut, this book can help you turn your problems into your biggest advantages. And along the way it will inspire you with dozens of true stories of the greats from every age and era.
- “The $100 Startup: Reinvent the Way You Make a Living, Do What You Love, and Create a New Future” by Chris Guillebeau – Here, finally, distilled into one easy-to-use guide, are the most valuable lessons from those who’ve learned how to turn what they do into a gateway to self-fulfillment. It’s all about finding the intersection between your “expertise” – even if you don’t consider it such — and what other people will pay for. You don’t need an MBA, a business plan or even employees. All you need is a product or service that springs from what you love to do anyway, people willing to pay, and a way to get paid.
- “Launch: An Internet Millionaire’s Secret Formula To Sell Almost Anything Online, Build A Business You Love, And Live The Life Of Your Dreams” by Jeff Walker – “Launch” is the treasure map into that world—an almost secret world of digital entrepreneurs who create cash-on-demand paydays with their product launches and business launches. Whether you have an existing business, or you have a service-based business and want to develop your own products so you can leverage your time and your impact, or you’re still in the planning phase—this is how you start fast. This formula is how you engineer massive success.
- “The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life” by Mark Manson – For decades, we’ve been told that positive thinking is the key to a happy, rich life. “F**k positivity,” Mark Manson says. “Let’s be honest, shit is f**ked and we have to live with it.” In his wildly popular Internet blog, Manson doesn’t sugarcoat or equivocate. He tells it like it is—a dose of raw, refreshing, honest truth that is sorely lacking today. The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F**k is his antidote to the coddling, let’s-all-feel-good mindset that has infected modern society and spoiled a generation, rewarding them with gold medals just for showing up.
- “A Game of Thrones / A Clash of Kings / A Storm of Swords / A Feast of Crows / A Dance with Dragons” by George R. R. Martin – Winter is coming. Such is the stern motto of House Stark, the northernmost of the fiefdoms that owe allegiance to King Robert Baratheon in far-off King’s Landing. There Eddard Stark of Winterfell rules in Robert’s name. There his family dwells in peace and comfort: his proud wife, Catelyn; his sons Robb, Brandon, and Rickon; his daughters Sansa and Arya; and his bastard son, Jon Snow. Far to the north, behind the towering Wall, lie savage Wildings and worse—unnatural things relegated to myth during the centuries-long summer, but proving all too real and all too deadly in the turning of the season.