#2 | The Female Bruce Wayne, Regina Anaejionu, on Creative Introversion & Pushing Beyond Expectations
If you follow Regina on Instagram, you will know that she calls herself “Bruce Wayne, except, a female.” She also describes herself as a “Stage 5 clinger to business, #jiujitsu, and #vegan tacos.” She is a #Yoga teacher by night. And by day she is running her own business Byregina.com – an education & training site for people who want to start their online business.
This lady runs a 6-figure business online, creates an incredible amount of super useful content for online entrepreneurs and is adored by her fans. Like literally, anything this girl puts out – people just want to buy because she is so authentic and humble.
So in today’s episode, you will understand:
- Why Regina is the female Batman of online entrepreneurship
- What is the number one quality Regina has developed every since a little girl that keeps her moral compass balanced
- What creative introversion is and one trick Regina uses to get through some of her bad days
Quotes from this episode:
“There were so many times when teachers had expectations of how I would act. I had delight and confusion acting in a way they wouldn’t expect.”
“Playing with people’s expectations, plays with their definition of who you are.”
Tools & Resources Mentioned
- Google Drive – Get access to files anywhere through secure cloud storage and file backup for your photos, videos, files and more.
- Noizio – Ambient sound equalizer for relaxing or productivity.
- Zoom – #1 Video Conferencing and Web Conferencing Service
People/Blogs to Follow
- Humans of Online Business – Closed Facebook Group – For rule-breakers, for trailblazers, for humans. Come build your online business with them, for FREE.
- ByReginaTV Facebook Page – If you are embarking on the blogging or creative entrepreneurial journey, Regina would love to help you with some easy-to-use resources.
- Paul Jarvis – A designer who likes writing (or vice versa) and has worked for himself since the 90s. The courses he creates online for freelancers are: Creative Class, Chimp Essentials and Grow Your Audience.
- Jason Zook – He’s had 3 “weird” businesses in a span of a few years: IWearYourShirt where for five years he convinced over 1,600 companies to pay him to put on a t-shirt everyday and promote them via social media, sold his last name twice, and wrote a book.
- Kimra Luna – 29-year-old mom of three burst onto the digital media scene, building a 20,000-person Facebook community of Freedom Hackers, aspiring online entrepreneurs who build lifestyle businesses that free them from j.o.b.s.
- “Likeable Social Media” by Dave Kerpen – The secret to successful word-of-mouth marketing on the social web is easy: Be likable. A friend’s recommendation is more powerful than any advertisement. In the world of Facebook, Twiter, and beyond, that recommendation can travel farther and faster than ever before. Likeable Social Media helps you harness the power of word-of-mouth marketing to transform your business. Listen to your customers and prospects. Deliver value, excitement, and surprise. And most important, learn how to truly engage your customers and help them spread the word.
- Jane Austen’s Novels
- Lady Susan
- Sense and Sensibility
- Pride and Prejudice
- Mansfield Park
- Northanger Abbey
- Juvenilia – Volume I & Volume II
Regina’s Facebook Group for Online Entrepreneurs is here.
Find all the free goodies from Regina here.