#31 | Naked Yoga, Pleasure Wands & Sexual Liberation with Rosie Rees
About This Episode
Rosie Rees decided to follow her heart. It took her out of the corporate world and out of her native Australia and began what can only be described as an adventure. In London, India, and Bali, Rees began to find her own truth and discover what life can be without doubt as an obstacle. Today Rees leads other women in their own transformational journeys, one undressed workshop at a time.
“Getting naked is really symbolic for shedding the layers of fear, insecurity, inhibitions: whatever’s holding you back — the bullshit stories that you’re telling yourself.”
In a lot of ways, Rees takes members of her workshop through an awakening similar to her own, and the thinking that changed her life. She wants to share the challenge of abandoning your comfort zone and all that it can give. “Nude Yoga” has women lining up to take part, and leaving more changed than they could have ever imagined.
Rees asks women to take a leap of courage and vulnerability and promises a new awareness and sense of love in return. She takes an idea that may seem very risqué or intimidating and truly throws that right out the window.
“Nude yoga is about loving and accepting yourself as you are, without the need to change it or fix it.”
On this podcast, Rosie Rees gives us an illustration of how one of her 3.5 hours (!) sessions actually plays out. While the inside experience still remains mysterious and is kept sacred, Rees shares a very warm look inside. The environment of “safeness and honoring” can be felt just by listening. Be truly moved by accounts of how imperfections and age begin to present as beauty… if you are wearing any clothes by the end, it will be a surprise.
“Women are ‘Go,go,go’ – we’re not stopping, we’re so busy, we’re creating empires, we’re building businesses. And so what I want is the women to come in, and just… slow the fuck down.”
If this concept alone is not intriguing enough, then trust me– you must tune in if only to learn what Rosie’s ‘jade eggs’ and ‘pleasure wands’ can also do for you.
Get your Pleasure Wands and Jade Eggs here
Tools & Resources Mentioned
- Canva – Canva makes design simple for everyone. Create designs for Web or print: blog graphics, presentations, Facebook covers, flyers, posters, invitations and so much more.
- Spotify – Spotify is a digital music service that gives you access to millions of songs.
- Audible – Listen anytime, anywhere to an unmatched selection of audiobooks, original premium podcasts, and more at Audible. Your first book is Free with Trial!
- Instagram – A simple way to capture and share the world’s moments. Follow your friends and family to see what they’re up to, and discover accounts from all over the world that are sharing things you love.
People/Blogs to Follow
- Kim Anami – Holistic Sex and Relationship Coach. Vaginal weightlifter.
- Adina Rivers – Wants to educate and empower all people on the topics and depths of natural intimate health & beauty, conscious sexuality, conscious relationships, and self-love.
- Layla Martin – Women’s Health Magazine calls Layla “The Headmistress of Pleasure,” but she is also a self-described total goofball who spent time studying sexuality both at Stanford University & in the jungles of Asia with Tantric masters.
- Denise Duffield-Thomas – Release your money blocks and live a first-class life with Denise Duffield-Thomas, author of “Get Rich, Lucky Bitch” and your money mindset mentor.
- Melissa Ambrosini – Melissa Ambrosini is the bestselling author of Mastering Your Mean Girl, host of the number one podcast The Melissa Ambrosini Show, a motivational speaker, and a self-love teacher.
- Jenna Ward – Learn how to navigate the nebulous world of emotions + energies, embody your full potential + be seen as the worthy + sensual woman you are.
- Susana Frioni – Susana Frioni is a certified Deep Living Coach, Embodiment Teacher and Host of the LOVE SEX DESIRE Podcast Series.
- “Journey of Souls: Case Studies of Life Between Lives” by Michael Newton – Using a special hypnosis technique to reach the hidden memories of subjects, Dr. Newton discovered some amazing insights into what happens to us between lives. Journey of Souls Is the record of 29 people who recalled their experiences between physical deaths.
- “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens” by Sean Covey – An indispensable book for teens, as well as parents, grandparents, and any adult who influences young people, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens is destined to become the last word on surviving and thriving as a teen and beyond.
- “The Celestine Prophecy: An Adventure” by James Redfield – In the rainforests of Peru, an ancient manuscript has been discovered. Within its pages are 9 key insights into life itself — insights each human being is predicted to grasp sequentially; one insight, then another, as we move toward a completely spiritual culture on Earth.
- “Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear” by Elizabeth Gilbert Balancing between soulful spirituality and cheerful pragmatism, Gilbert encourages us to uncover the “strange jewels” that are hidden within each of us. Whether we are looking to write a book, make art, find new ways to address challenges in our work, embark on a dream long deferred, or simply infuse our everyday lives with more mindfulness and passion, Big Magic cracks open a world of wonder and joy.