#44 | How to Stop Half-Assing Your Money Relationship with Shannon DePalma
About This Episode
In this episode, money healer for high-level female entrepreneurs, Shannon DePalma, teaches us how to set standards for ourselves in relationships and in business. She also shows us the importance of accepting and expecting what we deserve.
“I have to figure out what my purpose is because if I don’t, I’m going to be miserable, and I’m gonna be broke.”
Most people wouldn’t see a direct connection between romantic relationships and money. For this week’s guest, the ties between the two are clear as day. How is the health of our relationships affecting our financial success? How can we reach professional success if we are weighed down by unhealthy relationships, guilt, and a lack of self-love? How can we stop half-assing our work and take ourselves and our businesses seriously?
“When you are saying YES to something, you are saying NO to something else.”
Shannon started out selling flowers on Etsy and has worked in the wedding business for several years, building a website that she eventually sold for $15,000. She then began to coach wedding professionals and as her career as a coach grew, she realized that she wasn’t teaching women how to build a social media page or market themselves. Shannon is teaching women how to better themselves, how to lower stress, and how to build strong relationships with those around them.
“If you are using your feminine gifts to make money, then you are living completely in alignment.”
Tools & Resources Mentioned
- Lucky Bitch Money Tracker – If you want to manifest more money in your life, you have to track every single penny AND keep a gratitude journal of all your good fortune. The Lucky Bitch Money Tracker does both – and provides extra motivational tips and a free money makeover course too! This isn’t an accounting app, it’s about creating awareness and appreciation for every bit of money and abundance that comes into your life. A perfect companion if you’re reading Denise’s book, “Get Rich, Lucky Bitch” or the Lucky Bitch Money Bootcamp.
- You Need a Budget – We are building the best budgeting software out there. We hear reports every day of lives being changed: debt paid off, marriages saved, opportunities seized, stress eliminated and sleep rediscovered! When you gain control of your money, you gain control of your life and it feels great.
- Aaptiv – Our journey begins with a magical combination of scientifically effective programming, empathetic trainers, and uplifting music. As we grow, our members can count on us to deliver the most convenient, personalized, and fun way to work out—an always-there partner that guides them to their healthiest, happiest lives.
People/Blogs to Follow
- Taylor Manning – When you work with Taylor, she doesn’t give you a step by step template of strategies that she’s used to grow her business (but am not even sure if they’ll work for you) or tell you to just do what feels “good” (because growth is always a bit uncomfortable), instead she tells you exactly what you need to start marketing right now, what your own intuitive gifts are, and what your real blocks are.
- Denise Duffield-Thomas – The money mindset mentor for the new wave of online female entrepreneurs. Her best-selling books “Lucky Bitch” and “Get Rich, Lucky Bitch” give a fresh and funny road-map to create an outrageously successful life and business. Denise helps women release their fear of money, set premium prices for their services and take back control over their finances.
- Katrina Ruth – Katrina’s business is completely location free, she literally does whatever she fucking WANTS all day every day … which is to say she pursues what lights her the fuck UP, whether it be creating, mentoring, kicking ass, performing, telling funny stories … well, she thinks she’s funny!! … or just doing whatever her soul needs her to do for HERSELF … and she also makes multiple 6-figures per MONTH doing so.
- You Are a Badass at Making Money by Jen Sincero – You Are a Badass at Making Money will launch you past the fears and stumbling blocks that have kept financial success beyond your reach. Drawing on her own transformation—over just a few years—from a woman living in a converted garage with tumbleweeds blowing through her bank account to a woman who travels the world in style, Jen Sincero channels the inimitable sass and practicality that made You Are a Badass an indomitable bestseller.
- Get Rich, Lucky Bitch! by Denise Duffield-Thomas – Join Lucky Bitch author Denise Duffield-Thomas on a journey of self-discovery so you can smash through your abundance blocks and join a posse of women all around the world who are learning to live large and become truly lucky bitches.
- The Big Leap by Gay Hendricks – In The Big Leap, Gay Hendricks, the New York Times bestselling author of Five Wishes, demonstrates how to eliminate the barriers to success by overcoming false fears and beliefs. Fans of Wayne Dyer, Eckhart Tolle, Marianne Williamson, and The Secret will find useful, effective tips for breaking down the walls to a better life in The Big Leap.