#87 | Love, Sex, Desire: Sacred Dance, Bisexuality, and Erotic Empowerment with Susana Frioni
About This Episode
Susana Frioni is a certified Deep Coaching professional, erotic empowerment coach, sacred dance teacher, and the host of the Love, Sex, Desire podcast with listeners in over 190 countries. Susana has “created the ultimate experience for women to unleash their body and soul on the dancefloor as a way to access and express their most powerful, radiant and liberated selves” and has taught at Earth Events Radical Self Love Party in Brisbane, Soul Sister Circle Kinfolk Festival on the Gold Coast and Mindful Mama’s Mama Camp in Victoria.
“Femininity is a real energy, it is chaos, it is movement, it is dynamic, it is feeling, and it is a beautiful thing that I have been on a long journey to embrace.”
Join us for a powerful conversation about life outside of monogamy and heterosexuality, the transformative power of music and movement, and the connection between sexuality and truthfulness in romantic relationships.
“I’m realizing that my capacity for pleasure is so big, and I find great joy in indulging in all of my senses.”
Susana was working as a group fitness instructor when she decided to “run away” to a 10-day silent meditation retreat. By the end of the retreat, she had developed a deep connection to her intuition and started an electric romantic relationship with the woman that was assigned to be her roommate. When she returned to her normal life, she left her job and her marriage and began the long journey of learning who she was outside of being a wife, mother, and fitness instructor.
“I saw things from a man’s perspective for a moment, and being with a woman made me a better lover and a better woman.”
In this episode, Susana shares her how her Sacred Dance classes came to be, what she learned about womanhood and sexuality by falling in love with a woman, and her knowledge on erotic empowerment and the power of being truthful with yourself about your desires.
“There is no right way, there is only your way, and at the end of the day, you have to do what brings you the most joy.”
Tools & Resources Mentioned
People/Blogs to Follow
- Jaiya – For over 2 decades Jaiya has been immersed in the study of turn-on, working with all kinds of bodies. Through observation and clinical research she discovered the Erotic Blueprints™, a map of arousal that reveals your specific erotic language of orgasmic delight. After tens of thousands of people have filled out her online Erotic Blueprint™ quiz, she has discovered that the gender stereotypes (all women are sensual, all men are sexual) do not apply. Learning your type empowers you to get your individual sexual needs fed and fulfilled.
- Marie Forleo – A born-and-raised Jersey girl with nothing more than passion, a laptop and a dream, Marie is proud to have created a socially conscious digital empire that touches millions. Through her award-winning show MarieTV, world-class online training programs, a book in 16 languages and an audience in 195 countries, she helps people dream big and back it up with meaningful action to create results.
- Jenna Ward – Feminine Embodiment Coach & Founder of the School of Embodied Arts, Jenna Ward lives between Australia’s Sunshine Coast & Europe. As an ex-pharmacist turned embodied woman Jenna intimately understand what it’s like to live life feeling dis-connected & dis-embodied. Through her own personal experience & guiding hundreds of women back into their body, Jenna equally knows what’s required to get out of your head, feel empowered by your emotions & claiming your sensual power. Together with an international community of women, the School of Embodied Arts is redefining what it means to be fueled by the feminine. Listen to Jenna’s Girlskill interview here.
- Michaela Boehm – Michaela Boehm is among the most gifted and in-demand teachers, speakers, and counselors to be found globally today. Born and raised in Austria, Michaela received degrees in Psychology and further extensive training in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Hypnosis, and NLP. Upon moving to the United States in 1994, Michaela established a 20+ year counseling practice logging over 40,000 client hours. She quickly became a counselor to the stars in Hollywood, California, and her on-going clients include Oscar-winning actors, producers, writers, multiple Grammy-winning musicians, CEO’s, and multi-billion dollar fund managers. Michaela also consults extensively with international business founders and family offices specializing in succession and second generation wealth strategies.
- The New Rules of Marriage by Terrence Real – In this revolutionary book, Real shows women how to master the new rules of twenty-first-century marriage by offering them a set of effective tools with which they can create the truly intimate relationship that they desire and deserve. He identifies five non-starters to avoid and shares practical strategies for bringing honesty, passion, and joy back to even the most difficult relationship. Using his experience helping thousands of couples shift from despair to profound emotional closeness, Real guides you through the process of relationship repair with exercises that you can do alone or with your partner.
- Deeper Dating by Ken Page – Lose weight. Act confident. Play hard to get. This approach to dating doesn’t lead to love, it leads to insecurity and loneliness. In Deeper Dating, psychotherapist Ken Page offers a new path to finding meaningful and lasting relationships. Learn how to attract people who love you for who you really are, become more self-assured and emotionally available, and lose your taste for relationships that diminish your self-esteem. With exercises, practical tools, and inspiring stories, Deeper Dating will guide you on a journey to find the love—and personal fulfillment—you long for.
- Wild Feminine by Tami Kent – Wild Feminine: Finding Power, Spirit, & Joy in the Female Body offers a unique, holistic approach to reclaiming the power, spirit, and joy of the female body and to understanding its connection to creative energy flow. By restoring physical and energetic balance in the pelvic bowl, women can learn to care for themselves in a nourishing and respectful manner, heal spiritual fractures, and renew their relationship with the sacred feminine.
- Deep Living by Roxanne Howe-Murphy – To be at home in yourself and at ease in the world are among life’s greatest blessings. In Deep Living, Dr. Roxanne Howe-Murphy illuminates the stunning and paradoxical mechanisms through which our personalities unconsciously take each of us in exactly the opposite direction of our deepest nature. The result is a seemingly unsolvable inner divide. Offering a radically compassionate, rare, and mature approach to personal change, Dr. Howe-Murphy integrates the ancient wisdom of the Enneagram with presence-based practices for everyday living and unexpected healing processes, to transform how we see and experience ourselves and the world around us.