#105 | Parenting in the New Era: Unlocking the Mother Spirit Within with Tracey Anderson Askew
About This Episode
Tracey Anderson Askew has 18 years of experience working with new parents and 12 years of experience as an educator and Birth Support Person. She has four children and absolutely loves watching people change from being anxious about having their baby to excited to become a thriving parent. She has worked with over 1,500 couples preparing them for birth and parenting.
“Parenting is not about being a calm parent all the time but being connected to the greater meaning of what parenting is and the opportunity that parenting provides us to grow into that bigger version of ourselves.”
Join us for a deep, yet lighthearted conversation on what it really means to surrender to the journey of parenthood, unlocking the mother spirit and taking life with a grain of humor and some flashing. Here is what we talk about:
- Surrendering to the aging process
- The enormous pressure and the breakdown after coping with having three children in four years
- Childbirth: women’s of their incredible capacity to bring life into the world, retraining the subconscious mind and working with fear and changing the way we respond to childbirth
- Parenting: unlocking the potential in every parent, learning how to surrender to what our children have to teach us, choose a constructive mindset and see the bigger picture of parenting
- Tracey’s ecstatic birth story
- Unlocking the mother spirit – the mystery that lies within every woman
- Career vs motherhood – can we have it all?
- How the mother is the bigger version of the woman
Girlskill Podcast is brought to you by:
MagellanTV – a brand-new streaming service that features the very best collection of documentaries available anywhere. The service includes over 1,500 documentary movies, series, and exclusive playlists across major genres. Check out their curated women of history playlist and explore the lives of visionary women who made their mark on history.
Claim your two-month free trial here: https://www.magellantv.com/
Yoni Please Palace by Rosie Rees – World’s leading supplier of crystal yoni eggs for pelvic floor strength and crystal pleasure wands for sacred self-pleasure, helping women awaken their femininity, pleasure and power. — Btw, I have the Goddess Kit 😉
*(use code GIRLSKILL at checkout for a 15% discount)
Tools & Resources Mentioned
People/Blogs to Follow
- The Gottman Institute – The Gottman Method is an approach to couples therapy that includes a thorough assessment of the couple relationship and integrates research-based interventions based on the Sound Relationship House Theory.
- Circle of Security – At times all parents feel lost or without a clue about what our child might need from us. Imagine what it might feel like if you were able to make sense of what your child was really asking from you. The Circle of Security® Parenting™ program is based on decades of research about how secure parent-child relationships can be supported and strengthened.
- Aware Parenting – Aware Parenting is a philosophy of child-rearing that has the potential to change the world. Based on cutting-edge research and insights in child development, Aware Parenting questions most traditional assumptions about raising children, and proposes a new approach that can profoundly shift a parent’s relationship with his or her child. Parents who follow this approach raise children who are bright, compassionate, competent, nonviolent, and drug-free.
- On Being – The On Being Project is a media and public life initiative. We make a public radio show, podcasts, and tools for the art of living. Six grounding virtues guide everything we do. We explore the intersection of spiritual inquiry, science, social healing, community, poetry, and the arts.
- Women Who Run With the Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estés – In her now-classic book that spent 144 weeks on the New York Times hardcover bestseller list, and is translated into 35 languages, Clarissa Pinkola Estés, Ph.D., shows how woman’s vitality can be restored through what she calls “psychic archaeological digs” into the ruins of the female unconscious. Dr. Estés uses her families’ ethnic tales, washed and rinsed in the blood of wars and survival, multicultural myths, her own lyric writing of those fairy tales, folk tales, and stories chosen from her life witness, and also research ongoing for twenty years… that help women reconnect with the healthy, instinctual, visionary attributes of the Wild Woman archetype.