#142 | The Uncivilized & Unapologetic Man with Traver Boehm
About This Episode
“Traver Boehm is a prolific writer, TEDx speaker and men’s coach, currently practicing intentional nomadism. He is the founder of both One Day Stronger Inc, and the Man Uncivilized Movement. Drawing upon an eclectic background ranging from professional body guarding and Mixed Martial Arts to Traditional Chinese Medicine and meditation, Traver teaches people to skillfully use the inevitable pain of their lives as fuel for growth and positive change.
In 2016 after losing a pregnancy, his marriage, and his business partnership all within days of each other, he created a radical social experiment and spent the next 12 months as if it were his last year to live, aptly naming it ‘The Year to Live Project.’
In groundbreaking fashion, Traver Boehm combines the Divine Masculine with the Primal Masculine giving men from around the world a pathway to take themselves to new heights with increased confidence, physical strength and emotional capacity.”
“I have zero apologies about being a man, despite all the horrible sh*t men have done in the world. And yet what turns me on and attracts me is a woman who can stand right in front of me and say ‘…I am unapologetically a woman, I love everything about being a woman.”
Join us for a discussion about why the world needs more uncivilized and unapologetic men, what two questions should every man be asking himself and what can women do to create the space for their men to grow.
Here are the details of our conversation:
- Why is Traver attracted to women who are true to their nature
- Why being a nice guy isn’t always a good thing
- Two main questions that all men need to ask themselves on their way to becoming uncivilized and unapologetic
- Why did Traver spend 28 days in solitary confinement in Guatemala
- What does it mean to be true to yourself and be unapologetically male
- How can men heal their wounds by being surrounded by other men
- What is shadow masculinity?
- Why do women crave uncivilized men in their lives
- Why doesn’t Traver like the word ‘vulnerability’
- How do women create space for their men to grow
- And a lot more…
Tools & Resources Mentioned
Man Uncivilized by Traver Boehm – this is a male friendly book by Traver that can be a resource for both men and women. “Man Uncivilized is the bible of a movement giving men the space to speak, to heal, and to grow into the men their hearts have always know they were meant to be. This book is giving men the pathway to:
- THE paradigm men are now flocking to in droves – one that demands the cultivation of grounded strength, power checked with integrity, and introduces men to their beautiful hearts.
- An ETHOS to live by daily guaranteeing men a healthy place in this world.
- An understanding of sex as a vehicle for growth, healing, and development for both men and their partners.
- Peace. Freedom. Community. The real answers to suicide, addiction, and destructive patterns so many men are caught in. The patterns the people in their lives suffer from along with them.”