#50 | Female SEO Consultant: Flow, Psychedelics, and Search Engine Optimization with Viola Eva
About This Episode
“Robot to Goddess” — that is how Viola Eva, an SEO expert, location-independent entrepreneur, and self-proclaimed “digital slut,” describes her journey. In this episode, Viola teaches us the “Girls’ Guide to Understanding Search Engine Optimization (SEO)” and how she has reinvented herself and embraced her identity as a unique and powerful “snowflake.”
“There is no better place to hide a dead body than on page two of Google.”
Viola is the co-founder of the WLDM, self-made entrepreneur, and world traveler. She started out as a kid working for start-ups in Germany, but when her partner asked her if she would travel the world with him, she said “yes,” and her transformation began. Along the way, she has dealt with severe depression, taken psychedelic drugs and plant medicines in the jungles of Colombia, gone on a Nomad Cruise, and started White Light Digital Marketing.
“I’m in a completely new space. No one knows my history, no one knows my past, and no one knows the stories that I tell myself. ”
Join us for an informative discussion on SEO, psychedelics, and snowflakes. Viola will share the three critical steps for organic, SEO-driven audience growth, as well as her experience with Ayahuasca in the Amazon rainforest and how the experience opened her mind to new possibilities.
“Femininity is the capability to surrender, to be vulnerable, to adapt.”
Tools & Resources Mentioned
- Asana – A team-tracking application that gives you the ability to report on your work, assign tasks, and track progress. With Asana, each person knows what they should be doing and why. This clarity, transparency, and focus allows teams to collaborate with less friction and produce great results.
- Screaming Frog – Screaming Frog is a search marketing agency drawing on years of experience from within the world of digital marketing. Based in Henley-on-Thames Oxfordshire, we deliver our search expertise to companies worldwide. Focused on providing great service through excellent communication, we will work with you, internal teams and with your external agencies to ensure that your business excels.
People/Blogs to Follow
- Brian Dean – Backlinko is where professional marketers turn for proven SEO advice. Brian’s effective SEO advice is why marketers from companies like Apple, Disney, IBM, and Amazon subscribe to hisemail newsletter. And his results-focused approach to SEO is likely why Inc recently said: “Brian is a really smart SEO guy who knows what’s he’s talking about because he lives it every day.”
- Kyle Roof – Kyle Roof is an SEO researcher and analyst. Tired of SEO based on opinion and unorganized experimentation on live sites, Kyle began developing techniques that apply analytical reasoning and scientific methods in an effort to find SEO that actually works.
- Matt Diggity – He is a full-blown Search Engine Optimization specialist. He earns 100% of his income from SEO-focused endeavors, including affiliate marketing, client ranking, lead generation, as well as SEO services
- Scaling Up by Verne Harnish – In Scaling Up, Harnish and his team share practical tools and techniques for building an industry-dominating business. These approaches have been honed from over three decades of advising tens of thousands of CEOs and executives and helping them navigate the increasing complexities (and weight) that come with scaling up a venture. This book is written so everyone — from frontline employees to senior executives — can get aligned in contributing to the growth of a firm.
- Rocket Fuel by Gino Wickman and Mark Winters – From the author of the bestselling Traction, Rocket Fuel details the integral roles of the Visionary and Integrator and explains how an effective relationship between the two can help your business thrive. Offering advice to help Visionary-minded and Integrator-minded individuals find one another, Rocket Fuel also features assessments so you’re able to determine whether you’re a Visionary or an Integrator.
- Ego is the Enemy by Ryan Holiday – Ego Is the Enemy draws on a vast array of stories and examples, from literature to philosophy to history. We meet fascinating figures such as George Marshall, Jackie Robinson, Katharine Graham, Bill Belichick, and Eleanor Roosevelt, who all reached the highest levels of power and success by conquering their own egos. Their strategies and tactics can be ours as well.
- Stealing Fire by Steven Kotler – New York Times bestselling author Steven Kotler and high performance expert Jamie Wheal spent four years investigating the leading edges of this revolution—from the home of SEAL Team Six to the Googleplex, the Burning Man festival, Richard Branson’s Necker Island, Red Bull’s training center, Nike’s innovation team, and the United Nations’ Headquarters. And what they learned was stunning: In their own ways, with differing languages, techniques, and applications, every one of these groups has been quietly seeking the same thing: the boost in information and inspiration that altered states provide.